Solved

returning to id cannot use old number?

• 24 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello, I have just recently gotten a new phone which is a contract with ID mobile. I originally had a Sim only deal which I want to transfer this number over to my new contract but as soon as I requested the PAC code it wouldn’t allow me to transfer the old number over. I am unsure if I have done this correct? I could do with a lot of help please thank you 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 24 January 2023, 21:32

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Bexyboo, you cannot switch a mobile number from one iD contract to another iD contract.

To keep the mobile number you want, you’ll need to do what iD call a triangle port, which involves switching the mobile number you want to keep to a different PAYG network (e.g. giffgaff), and then switching back to iD, on your new handset iD contract.

Good luck @Bexyboo

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello, I have just recently gotten a new phone which is a contract with ID mobile. I originally had a Sim only deal which I want to transfer this number over to my new contract but as soon as I requested the PAC code it wouldn’t allow me to transfer the old number over. I am unsure if I have done this correct? I could do with a lot of help please thank you 

Hey @Bexyboo,

You can’t transfer your number from one iD plan to another as @andewhite pointed out.

This is still possible via a triangle port but this can be a little more complex to do.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?