Roam allowance activation charge/fee in Band1 destination

• 29 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi, ID mobile support community!

I've got a question in terms of Roaming data and calls/texts activation in a EU (roam free, Band1) destination.

Is there any additional charge like of £2 or similar like Three is using since October 2021? 

When you enter an EU roam free destination country, they are still charging customer to allow him to use his roam free allowance in it (data, texts, calls). 

For example due to business or holiday reasons you can cross few countries within 1 month period  and will be charged several times for using your "free" allowance in roam free EU countries (like band1).

Do you apply similar charges?

Thank you !

Kind regards,

Sergej 

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your iD plan calls, texts, and data allowances can be used for EU roaming in the destinations below, @Sergej Razumov - subject to a roaming mobile data limit of 30GB/month (if your UK data allowance is > 30GB) - without an access / activation fee.

Thank you! That's good to hear.

Then I have further question.

Is it possible to move to you by signing 12 months or etc SIM only contract, being now  abroad (temporary) in EU?

I mean technically  is possible to transfer my number and register me without my headset being connected to one of UK's networks (transmitters) physically, but being in one of your roam free destination?

Due to personal circumstances currently I'm outside UK mainland.

It could be both options eSim or physical (I could arrange delivery to my current location).

Thank you!

Kind regards!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Sergej Razumov, I’m just a forum member like yourself.
Regarding your other questions: 

• You can buy an iD Mobile SIM only plan online anytime, but iD Mobile will only deliver your order to a UK postal address.
  • New iD customers must be present in the UK the first time they use their iD SIM card.
  • Currently, iD Mobile only provide and activate physical SIM cards - they don’t support use of an eSIM, on their virtual network. 

🍀 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Sergej Razumov,

Welcome to the Community!

It looks like @andewhite has provided all the information.

If there anything further that you require, please let us know.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?