Question

Roaming Ukraine

• 8 September 2023
  • 12 replies

Hi. I am in Ukraine at the moment. Yesterday when my train crossed the border between Poland and Ukraine I received a message that all my monthly allowance was run out. In spite of the fact I have 38 Gb of data. And even more, I set £10 extra usage charges. I am wondering why I am not able to use roaming. 

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Your full UK data allowance doesn’t apply while you’re roaming in the EU inclusive roaming destinations @VladUA

The amount of inclusive roaming mobile data is governed by the iD fair usage & open data policies.

But, I think the following still applies for iD customers in Ukraine:-

Your full UK data allowance doesn’t apply while you’re roaming in the EU inclusive roaming destinations @VladUA

The amount of inclusive roaming mobile data is governed by the iD fair usage & open data policies.

But, I think the following still applies for iD customers in Ukraine:-

Thank you for your comments. 

In fact I spent only one day in Poland and I used only 500Mb of my data that day. 

I am really confused why I am not able to use my data in Ukraine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @VladUA,

Welcome to the Community!

Can you please ensure roaming is enabled on your handset and the iD Mobile account.

You’ll then need to manually connect to the following networks to see which works for you, 

Astelit

Beeline

Kyivstar

Please let us know if you still have issues and we can help.

Kash

Hi Kash,

In fact I still have somr problems with roaming.  I am not able to use ID roaming features in Ukraine.

So I bought Ukrainian SIM card to be connected.

By the way that is my settings:

Thanks

Vlad

By the way, when I tried to make a connection with UA-Kyivstar I resieved the message:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @VladUA,

Can you please send us a screenshot of what you see under the APN Settings?

Also can you try the other networks that we advised.

Kash

Hi Kash,

I would like to insert the screenshot of the APN settings 

2. In fact, I am able to connect to the next networks

Thanks

Vlad

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @VladUA,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you please click on the three dots on the top right corner and delete the APN and add new ones.

If this doesn’t work we may need to PM you to escalate this further, please let us know how you get on.

Kash

Hi Kash, 

Unfortunately it didn't work. I had the same message 

I have some feeling I am not able to use roaming outside EU and that is the reason why I have the message about "limit reached" in spite of the fact that I set £15 extra usage charges. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @VladUA,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Same is happening to me, no 4G after I crossed the border and tried all the above. Disappointing to promise a service which doesn’t work in this kind of environment, it’s dangerous. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mollie123456 

Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a signal while roaming, different areas may be subject to different signal coverage, do you have signal at all? How are calls and texts?

Have you tried resetting your device’s network settings?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?