Question

RPI increase 2024 question

• 4 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

I am looking at a deal on Mobiles.co.uk it doesn't mention anything about a price increase in April 2024

Do ID increase contract prices or how does it work. 

10 replies

ID haven’t updated their webpage, but last year’s details are here… https://www.idmobile.co.uk/rpi#:~:text=For%202023%2C%20the%20RPI%20rate%20is%20%2B13.4%25.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Francis Mc Cool,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are affected by the 2024 price adjustments, you'll receive a text from us in March confirming the exact adjustment that will be applied to your April 2024 bill onwards.

However the website should be updated on 1st March to advise of this years adjustment.

Kash

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I am looking at a deal on Mobiles.co.uk it doesn't mention anything about a price increase in April 2024

Do ID increase contract prices or how does it work. 

Hey @Francis Mc Cool, not sure what “mobiles.co.uk” contract terms & conditions say about annual price increases, but iD Mobile definitely increase prices annually for their 24-month minimum term handset contracts (see their terms & conditions).

Wouldn’t your deal would be a handset + line rental from “mobiles.co.uk”, not iD Mobile?
The line rental could be Vodafone or iD Mobile.

Userlevel 1

I have a question along similar lines - I’m considering joining but don’t want to be subject to a price increase within a month of doing so.

I’ve asked ID Mobile support and they’ve told me that I wouldn’t be subject to a price rise until April 2025, but can’t show me any terms or FAQ page that confirms this.

Anyone know for sure?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve asked ID Mobile support and they’ve told me that I wouldn’t be subject to a price rise until April 2025, but can’t show me any terms or FAQ page that confirms this.

Anyone know for sure?

Okay @elmariachiidm, the information about this is online - strange the customer service team don’t know its whereabouts on the iD Mobile site.

If you buy a phone now, next annual increase would be April 2025.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite - I thought it was strange that they couldn’t find it, too :)

Good time to start a new contract, then.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thanks @andewhite - I thought it was strange that they couldn’t find it, too :)

Yes indeed @elmariachiidm, assuming you’ve got good reception with Three UK (the iD Mobile network partner), at the main locations you’ll be using your mobile phone. 

You can find actual signal reception details online at https://mastdata.com, for many locations in the UK.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @elmariachiidm,

It looks like your questions have been answered by @andewhite.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Yes I'm getting a contract now!! Does anyone know how much the 2025 increase will be?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes I'm getting a contract now!! Does anyone know how much the 2025 increase will be?

Are you purchasing from iD Mobile, and do you have a crystal ball, @Nathan Silbiger?

An iD Mobile monthly handset plan will be adjusted in April 2025, by the CPI rate (published in February 2025) + 3.9%.

The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate is published by the Office of National Statistics.

Why iD Mobile?