Question

SCAM alert 0207 139 1398

• 28 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Do not call 020 7139 1398 as this is a scam.  I am in the process of bank investigations for being scammed on this number last night and iD have told me today that this number is nothing to do with them.  I had upgraded online and received an email asking me to contact them on the above number for an update. Do not fall for this as it is a scam.  Number has been passed to the police too. I am going through the most distressing time because I fell for calling this number and would hate for someone else to have to experience this anxiety and trauma. iD did not seem very concerned that their systems are being hacked to get their customers information so this worries me too!  Also why have you not picked up that this number is being given out on this forum to your customers asking for help by someone called andewhite 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Did you call the number or did you receive a call from the number?

I had an email from iD mobile asking me to call them on this number as they needed to speak with me.  Stupidly I called it and gave my details as they knew everything about me and my order/account.  Very worrying.  I like to think I am switched on with these things but got caught out on this occasion. So upsetting 😢 It just worried me that I can see there is someone giving people this number to call on this forum.  Strange iD have not spotted this and  acted!

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

OK thanks for clarifying. I thought you might have received a call from someone who had spoofed the number. https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/scams/phone-spoof-scam

If you rang the number then obviously this wouldn't apply. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I had an email from iD mobile asking me to call them on this number as they needed to speak with me.  Stupidly I called it and gave my details as they knew everything about me and my order/account.  Very worrying.  I like to think I am switched on with these things but got caught out on this occasion. So upsetting 😢 It just worried me that I can see there is someone giving people this number to call on this forum.  Strange iD have not spotted this and  acted!

So were you expecting an email from iD Mobile about an online order you’d placed with them?

@andewhite yes the email I received was after I had upgraded and placed my order online.  I had a confirmation email then another asking me to call this number as they had an update for me.  iD say this number is nothing to do with them and neither was the email from them asking me to call 🤷🏼‍♀️  You seem to know a lot about them.  Do you work for them?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

No, but I do wonder how these scammers knew you’d upgraded through the iD app, or your iD My Account online? 

Knowing this meant you’d be unlikely to be suspicious when emailed by someone pretending to be from iD Mobile.

Terrible their are people out there prepared to be so devious.

Why iD Mobile?