Question

sent text messages saying not sent.

• 18 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

No one is responding to my asked message. I can’t even complain about this as when I’m redirected the service says not available. Very disappointing to say the least. 

My original question was when I send a standard text message I get a text message back saying not sent. But my text counts show as sent. 

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Les Womersley

We are sorry to hear this. 

Have you tested the SIM in a different handset?

Also does the user receive the text?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi. 
I only have the one iPhone no other spare phone to test the SIM card. 

I have asked the recipients if they received my sent messages. One has said yes & the other said no. 
you can see from my previous sent photo that both recipients didn’t receive the text messages. 

if one recipient has received the text message then why do I receive a text message from ID saying not sent. The other recipient not received anything. This is very frustrating as it’s taking forever for a response. Why can’t someone call me directly to discuss or run me through a solving the issue. I’m paying for a service I can’t benefit from. 
awaiting a soonest response. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi. 
I only have the one iPhone no other spare phone to test the SIM card. 

Why can’t someone call me directly to discuss or run me through a solving the issue. I’m paying for a service I can’t benefit from. 

Okay @Les Womersley, iD Mobile do not have a telephone support helpline - it’s 100% online for help & support with iD Mobile.

I’d advise you to TURN OFF iMessage and leave it turned OFF.
With iMessage turned OFF, send some text messages and see what happens - doing this will help work out what’s going wrong. 

If you’re unhappy with the customer service you may make a complaint online, by phone, or by post.

Userlevel 1

I don’t have iMessage switched on at all. I just use the standard texts. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Les Womersley, have you checked the following?

Tap Settings > Apple ID > Name, Phone Numbers, Email > CONTACTABLE AT

Is your mobile number shown correctly under CONTACTABLE AT?

If it's not the correct mobile number, use the Edit option to "Add email or phone number".

Do you have another Apple device that’s linked to your mobile number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Les Womersley,

Just checking if you managed to have a look at the information @andewhite provided and if that resolved your issue?

Please do let us know here if you require further assistance.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Just to let you know my texts Are working ok. I haven’t changed anything on the iphone. Setting & mobile number is as it should. At a loss. But the main thing is I can send text messages & recipients get them. I no longer get a notification from ID saying Not Sent. 

a big thanks to everyone for there help & support. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Les Womersley 

Thanks for letting us know.

I’m glad to hear this is now working fine.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?