signal data

• 17 November 2023
  • 19 replies

Hi,

Over the last couple of weeks, I have very little access to the internet via 4g or 5g through your network. The signal is very poor. Can you help? I have a Pixel 7 phone.

19 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried to force your Pixel 7 to use 3G only, to see if that improves the mobile data performance @Mike Thomas

Hi, Yes it does improve it but it's very slow at loading pages. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like possible network congestion, affecting 4G / 5G data connections, in the areas you’re using your Pixel handset + iD SIM card.

Check online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage, with Status Checker option. 

Since switching from EE I’ve had nothing but issues. This network is absolutely appalling. Even in 5g my iPhone 15 Pro doesn’t load things up correctly and it’s far slower than the EE network. Massively regret leaving EE now. There’s a saying if you get what you pay for and that’s definitely the case in this instance. General coverage not just internet is much worse in this joke of a network

I was with Vodafone and I regret moving now. Signal on this network is abysmal.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mike Thomas 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the full postcode(s) where you’ve been having issues?

Before these few weeks, how was signal?

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @KA Bat 

I’m sorry you feel this way, each users experience with coverage will be different depending on where they are, what they usage is like etc.

If you do feel early on in your contract that our signal is not right for you it may be worth looking into your cancellation options.

Tom

Hi @Mike Thomas 

I’m sorry to hear this, please could you let us know the full postcode(s) where you’ve been having issues?

Before these few weeks, how was signal?

Tom

Im in yo10 4ls, So do not even try to tell me it is the coverage in my area, I used Three for 5+ years and never had any problems, always had good signal and my internet would never ever drop. Ive now switched to Idmboile which actually claims to be on the same provider as three, but now my internet drops out 3+ times a day minimum, i rarely ever have over 1 bar signal and my 5g works about 0.1 % of the time wherever I am in the uk. Its embarrassingly bad and clearly and issue on IDmobiles part as I never had a single problem with Three who you claim to use the same network as. Embarrassing honestly. Ill make sure I dont try save those extra few quid a month next time so I can get a network which I can actually use like it says.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the new handset from iD Mobile is faulty @tomot1919 - are you using the same handset you used while a Three UK customer? 

Have you tried the iD SIM card in another device?

Perhaps the new handset from iD Mobile is faulty @tomot1919 - are you using the same handset you used while a Three UK customer? 

Yep, my old three sim is also still active too as I had some cancellation issues (just paying a small monthly fee plan) I put my three sim in my iphone 14, funnily enough what happened? Oh yeah, it worked perfectly with absolutely 0 issues, I had constant good signal and did not encounter any problems, switch back to my idmobile sim in the same phone and boom, 1 bar signal, internet dropping out for fun. Clearly an Idmobile problem at hand here.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Perhaps the new handset from iD Mobile is faulty @tomot1919 - are you using the same handset you used while a Three UK customer? 

Yep, my old three sim is also still active too as I had some cancellation issues (just paying a small monthly fee plan) I put my three sim in my iphone 14, funnily enough what happened? Oh yeah, it worked perfectly with absolutely 0 issues, I had constant good signal and did not encounter any problems, switch back to my idmobile sim in the same phone and boom, 1 bar signal, internet dropping out for fun. Clearly an Idmobile problem at hand here.

It’s possible you’ve received a damaged / faulty iD SIM card @tomot1919

The quickest way to get a replacement SIM is to visit your nearest Currys store. 

It’s possible you’ve received a damaged / faulty iD SIM card @tomot1919

The quickest way to get a replacement SIM is to visit your nearest Currys store. 

Or maybe, just maybe is it that idmobile is not that good? wow crazy thought right!!!!. I am no idiot, I know this sim is not faulty and it took 5 seconds to look up complaints similar to mine to find it is unbelievably common for users on idmobile. It is not the sim,  it is the company that cannot provide a good product.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Or maybe, just maybe is it that idmobile is not that good? wow crazy thought right!!!!. I am no idiot, I know this sim is not faulty and it took 5 seconds to look up complaints similar to mine to find it is unbelievably common for users on idmobile. It is not the sim,  it is the company that cannot provide a good product.

Okay @tomot1919, not sure it’s possible to be 100% certain the iD SIM isn’t faulty, unless you try the iD SIM in another handset - something other than your iPhone 14.

Okay @tomot1919, not sure it’s possible to be 100% certain the iD SIM isn’t faulty, unless you try the iD SIM in another handset - something other than your iPhone 14.

I have tried it in my iphone xr, and it is still awful connection, but trying it on another phone and it still being bad does not tell me the sim is dodgy and thats why it doesnt work in another phone either, all that tells me is the sim and provider are not good, there is a reason this site has a 1.1 star rating over 400 reviews on review.io. No ‘good’ site has a 1.1 star rating.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I have tried it in my iphone xr, and it is still awful connection, but trying it on another phone and it still being bad does not tell me the sim is dodgy and thats why it doesnt work in another phone either, all that tells me is the sim and provider are not good, there is a reason this site has a 1.1 star rating over 400 reviews on review.io. No ‘good’ site has a 1.1 star rating.

Okay @tomot1919, if your Three UK SIM card works in your iPhone 14 and your iPhone XR okay, whereas your iD SIM card doesn’t work properly in either handset, it does appear your two iPhones are working great, but unfortunately your iD SIM card is not. 

Okay @tomot1919, if your Three UK SIM card works in your iPhone 14 and your iPhone XR okay, whereas your iD SIM card doesn’t work properly in either handset, it does appear your two iPhones are working great, but unfortunately your iD SIM card is not. 

Yes the sim card is not working well it doesnt take a genius to work that out, But I am almost 100% certain through research and reviews that the sim isnt bad due to a fault but is instead bad due to idmobile providing a not so good product. Weird that this would have 1 star reviews because of people complaining about the exact same issue as me, wow 99% of us must of just got dodgy sims what are the chances!!!! It is obvious what is going on here haha, the product is just not very good, cannot wait to switch back to three when my contract is up, will finally be able to use the internet freely :)

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @tomot1919, if your Three UK SIM card works in your iPhone 14 and your iPhone XR okay, whereas your iD SIM card doesn’t work properly in either handset, it does appear your two iPhones are working great, but unfortunately your iD SIM card is not. 

Yes the sim card is not working well it doesnt take a genius to work that out, But I am almost 100% certain through research and reviews that the sim isnt bad due to a fault but is instead bad due to idmobile providing a not so good product. Weird that this would have 1 star reviews because of people complaining about the exact same issue as me, wow 99% of us must of just got dodgy sims what are the chances!!!! It is obvious what is going on here haha, the product is just not very good, cannot wait to switch back to three when my contract is up, will finally be able to use the internet freely :)

Perhaps getting a replacement SIM card, from iD Mobile, might solve all the issues you’ve observed.
It doesn’t seem like there’s anything to lose by trying a replacement SIM card.

Perhaps getting a replacement SIM card, from iD Mobile, might solve all the issues you’ve observed.

During my new sim being sent will my current one be deactivated or will there be anything stopping me using my phone while waiting for a new sim? If not Im willing to try a replacement for sure.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

During my new sim being sent will my current one be deactivated or will there be anything stopping me using my phone while waiting for a new sim? If not Im willing to try a replacement for sure.

Okay @tomot1919, an iD replacement SIM card would be inactive when it arrives. 
You’ll need to activate any replacement iD SIM card (online), at which point the existing iD SIM card would be deactivated. 

Why iD Mobile?