Yes - Very good service

Great news. You've got very good 4G coverage for calls, texts, and data."

Actually for a lot of the time the best I get is H+,

so a bit optimistic by iD

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Unfortunately, UK mobile networks only provide theoretical coverage for any given location.
The real world coverage can be very different at a given location @Bill Rowland.

Perhaps have a look online at https://mastdata.com, for a better idea of real-world signal strengths at a given location.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bill Rowland 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had issues with your coverage, please could you let us know the postcode where you’re having these issues?

As @andewhite suggests our iD Mobile coverage checker is approximate to what we’d expect, although generally correct. Have you checked for any outages?

Tom

CR2 8DE 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

17.53 Thursday 29th June, my phone shows 4g 2 bar, and that is about the best it gets

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

17.53 Thursday 29th June, my phone shows 4g 2 bar, and that is about the best it gets

Would that 2-bars be indoors, or outside @Bill Rowland

Indoors, where I would mostly require data use

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Bill Rowland 

Taking a look at the postcode the area looks close to a weaker spot, it’s possible your area would be subject to a similar weakness.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/coverage

How is signal outdoors?

Tom

Currently I have H+ 3 bar indoors and H+  4 bar outdoors, so basically rubbish signal strength, wish I knew that before relying on what D advertise and entering contract on that basis 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Bill Rowland,

It may be worth popping the SIM into a different handset to see if this makes any difference.

Kash

Tried that and no difference in signal strength 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Currently I have H+ 3 bar indoors and H+  4 bar outdoors, so basically rubbish signal strength, wish I knew that before relying on what D advertise and entering contract on that basis 

It’s one of the reasons you get a cooling off period. I suggest you make use of it!

Good suggestion but have now just gone past that period. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Good suggestion but have now just gone past that period. 

Hey @Bill Rowland,

For any purchase made from us directly via our website, you get 30-days which should provide more than enough time (and is more than most networks also) to fully test the coverage.

Outside of this, any cancellation would be subject to a termination fee if there’s a minimum term that’s not expired.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?