Question

sim

• 10 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Upgraded my phone but kept my old sim from my old phone, which died the night I sorted the upgrade. New phone arrived popped in old sim as told but can't make calls or send text or receive either. Emergency calls only and says no network coverage. Tried the turn off turn on trick still no.

Any ideas thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did iD send you another SIM with your upgrade @Chelski?

If they have, then just use this as a replacement SIM and login to your iD account to activate the ‘new’ SIM.

Told the old sim would be fine?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well @Chelski, you posted that your ‘old’ SIM isn’t working? 

Normally, if your ‘old’ SIM fits in the upgraded handset it should work.

You’ve physically handled the ‘old’ SIM, removing it from one phone, inserting it in to another phone - maybe the SIM’s been damaged, or the SIM’s contacts could be dirty?

Yeah trid cleaning it and putting it in another phone.....still nowt. Are you part of the id team? Can I just order a new sim. I'm terrible with phones n tech n just wanna easy fix.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Chelski, just a forum member trying to help you.

Order a replacement using the iD live chat service, or get a free replacement SIM from any Currys store. 

🍀🤞

Thanks Andy, I appreciate your time in that case. Chat bot is useless n can't even find the live chat......oh my days.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve seen the chat-bot, then you’ve probably found the iD live chat service.

To get past the chat-bot, just type “talk to a person” - iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays (and until 6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chelski,

Did you manage to get through to Live Chat?

If you still require assistance, please let us know here.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?