Solved

SIM is not working

• 28 February 2023
  • 14 replies

Hello, I just moved from Three to Id mobile. I wanted to hold my old number, therefore I followed all the steps, and yesterday morning my old SIM lost the signal ( never had any issues, I assumed that the process of transferring my old number to ID has started). I removed the old SIM that I had from three, and inserted the new SIM from ID. At this point this is the second day when none of the SIM are working. When I insert them in the phone, it says ‘No SIM card’. I did try with other SIM just to see if there is any issues with my phone, and they are working fine (I tried with O2, GiffGaff). 

icon

Best answer by Kash 28 February 2023, 19:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like you need a replacement SIM card from iD Mobile @Florin.Leeds.

Get one for free from any Currys store, or hang around here until one of the iD moderators reads your post. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Florin.Leeds,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you would prefer to collect a SIM from a Curry’s store or for us to send one out in the post.

Once you get back to us here we will assist you further.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I've just joined ID mobile and popped my SIM in my unlocked phone and it doesn't work. I tried all of the troubleshooting steps and none have made a difference. 

Help!

My sim simply does not work in any device how do I return it and get a new one?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Kris Craddy,

It sounds like you may have a faulty SIM.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

I was unable to port my number from Vodafone to ID even with the Pac code and all the necessary information, it just kept telling it didn't recognise something?  I followed the instructions on removing the sim and then proceeded to lose it. I went Curry's and they gave me new sim and after reading something on here I tried entering all my details in capitals and they were accepted? I then tried registering with ID on the app and realised I wasn't receiving the security codes being sent. When checking further it is clear that the new sim isn't registered. I tried, for 4 hours, to have a live chat, and got nowhere with the chat bot. What now?

Userlevel 3

I was unable to port my number from Vodafone to ID even with the Pac code and all the necessary information, it just kept telling it didn't recognise something?  I followed the instructions on removing the sim and then proceeded to lose it. I went Curry's and they gave me new sim and after reading something on here I tried entering all my details in capitals and they were accepted? I then tried registering with ID on the app and realised I wasn't receiving the security codes being sent. When checking further it is clear that the new sim isn't registered. I tried, for 4 hours, to have a live chat, and got nowhere with the chat bot. What now?

Hey there Neil, we’re very sorry to hear that you have experienced these issues. If you picked up a replacement SIM card from Currys, then it is likely that it wasn’t activated in store for you as a member of the ID Mobile customer service team usually need to activate these to your account.

If you have still not been able to activate this SIM card, please can you let us know so we can provide next steps for you?

Thank you,

Tyler

It has been a nightmare trying to resolve this as there never seems to be anyone available to live chat  I spent hours trying to do this and got nowhere. I eventually figured that there is an issue with the ID website. It would seem that anywhere when you have to type in your name it must all be in capitals or it won't recognise you. No where are you told to do this and I spent days being sent round in circles for such a simple fix. Based on the last few days I doubt if will be a returning customer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Neil Ross 

I’m sorry to hear you feel this way but happy to see you were able to get it sorted in the end.

If you need anything else please let us know so we can help.

Tom

Changed from 3 to Id mobile. 3 stopped my phone from working at 1pm, I have inserted the Id mobile SIM and waited until 10pm just incase Id had not done the transfer. Next day, SIM still not working. Phone saying 'no SIM card' 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Craig Knight 

I’m sorry to hear this, I’d recommend taking the SIM card out and back into the device to see if this helps kick things into action.

Is the device you’re using unlocked?

Tom

Not had a phone for 2 days now. Three cancelled my old SIM as I was switching to Id mobile, put Id mobile SIM in my phone and it says no service for the last 2 days. Can't even ring them as I don't have a phone now. How long does it take for them to activate my network? 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Not had a phone for 2 days now. Three cancelled my old SIM as I was switching to Id mobile, put Id mobile SIM in my phone and it says no service for the last 2 days. Can't even ring them as I don't have a phone now. How long does it take for them to activate my network? 

Hey @Craig Knight, you could have a faulty SIM card, which appears to be a common issue in the forum. 

You can get a (free) replacement from any Currys store, otherwise use live chat to request a replacement SIM - it’ll need to be activated before use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Craig Knight,

Please let us know if you require further assistance and we would be happy to help.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?