Solved

SIM not delivered

• 17 February 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Ordered on Monday and it’s now Friday and the SIM card is still not here and not notifications from Royal Mail or DPD. Does this mean it’s not happening? The billing is set up already and it’s for my son’s birthday. What should I do?

icon

Best answer by simondeutsch 20 February 2023, 15:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 1

Eerrr, thanks for the private ‘brand’ marketing message ID Mobile, but that’s not helpful. I’m now getting annoyed.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ordered on Monday and it’s now Friday and the SIM card is still not here and not notifications from Royal Mail or DPD. Does this mean it’s not happening? The billing is set up already and it’s for my son’s birthday. What should I do?

You could visit Currys or Carphone Warehouse and get a SIM card in-store, and then cancel the other SIM. 

Userlevel 1

Well that’s making me do all the work isn’t it? Why can’t I just speak to someone who can sort the problem? Or is this the snowflake generation that don’t like talking on the phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well that’s making me do all the work isn’t it? Why can’t I just speak to someone who can sort the problem? Or is this the snowflake generation that don’t like talking on the phone.

I’m not from iD Mobile. The iD moderators only check-in to read forum posts once a day, sometimes less frequently.

iD Mobile don’t have a telephone support helpline - their help & support is entirely online.

Userlevel 1

How about I go to Currys? Will they be able to help me get a SIM replacement?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I believe so - you’re supposed to be able to pick-up your free replacement iD SIM card in-store, at any branch of Currys.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @simondeutsch,

I’m really sorry to hear your SIM has not yet been delivered.

Have you since got a replacement and activated this or is it still an issue you’re facing?

I’d be happy to get you a PM sent over and get a replacement SIM out to you.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hi Mohammed,

My SIM never arrived and everyone I spoke to (either online community or over the phone) said that ID Mobile weren’t prepared to resend and that I had to sort it myself. So I’ve gone to all the trouble of getting a replacement from Curry’s and going through the convoluted activation myself (took a fair while to get it working). I simply can’t wait around for ID mobile to get it wrong again. Bad customer experience I’m afraid and customer service that was not accessible when I needed it. Your Trustpilot ratings are plummeting down I see. Sort it out!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @simondeutsch,

I’m glad to hear you have since gotten the SIM and activated it. I am sorry to hear it’s taken alot of effort to get it done.

I’lll send you a PM so we can look into applying a credit as a good-will gesture for the time you have been without service.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?