Question

sim not working

I have just received my new S22 and new sim. I am new to the network. When I insert sim it is saying no sim. I have tried suggestions by ID mobile and still says this.  I have tried the sim in another phone and says the same.  How do I arrange to get a replacement sim sent to me?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @Elaine Whitelaw 

If you have activated your SIM via the iD app or website and is not being detected in multiple phones it does sound like maybe you need a replacement.

To request a replacement you will need to contact iD customer services which is 100% online, the fastest way to speak with iD is via Live Chat where they should be able to order you a new SIM.

If you need a SIM straight away you can get one from your local Currys store, however they do cost £5 if purchased in store.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

A new customer joining iD will get a new SIM, which is supplied already activated.

In theory, pop the new SIM in the iD handset and you’re ready to go.

No SIM suggests the new phone is not detecting the SIM card - try removing the SIM, check it’s clean and smudge free on both sides, the reinsert the SIM.

Try to avoid touching the SIM card’s flat surfaces - touch the edges when you reinsert the SIM card.

Good luck.

Why iD Mobile?