Question

SIM Not Working After 4 Days

So I ordered my SIM on the 19th of April and set the port in date as the 28th of April which gave me enough time to use the data on my old contract. However, on the 28th, my phone did not recognise the sim card and said it didn’t exist, I was told they would fix it by 6pm but it was not.

28th/29th April - I found that this was a problem with my phone and so I ordered a replacement sim and was told to activate it and that it would work in approximately an hour or two. I tried to activate it but it would not work and kept giving me the same message “Sorry, we’re experiencing some issues processing your request. Please get in touch so we can get it sorted.”

30th April - I spoke to an agent who said they could activate my sim and that this would be done - again in an hour or two. It still did not work. I then spoke to an agent later that day who was great and said it was not working and they would give me money off because of the problems I’d been having and they said they would get a technical team to look at it. They said I would get an update in 24-48 hours.

1st May - I waited for an update but did not get one, so assumed I would get one the next day.

2nd May - I spoke to yet another agent who said the problem was found, and that it was because of my previous network not successfully completing the switch on their end but that this would all be sorted out by 6pm and if not, to just restart my phone and it would work. I did this, and I still have no data. I will try the live chat function to see what is happening again tomorrow, but I have spoken to 4 or 5 agents now and it is still not sorted, so I am wondering if I can get any help here.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @mhood810, community members don’t have access to you iD account, nor the iD number porting team - both are needed to fix the issue. In addition, iD staff only read user posts to the forum once a day, and sometimes less frequently.

In my experience the online iD live chat service is like a lottery - not much chance of winning the jackpot. I’ve found the iD customer support team working on Facebook and Twitter a better option. Contact them privately using Facebook Messenger, or a Twitter direct message.

The support teams work until 8pm on weekdays (and 6pm at weekends + bank holidays).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @mhood810 

I believe we’ve been in contact on social media about this, please keep contact there so we can best assist you.

Tom