Solved

Sim Only cancelled during cooling off period—still charged!

• 6 September 2023
  • 12 replies

I ordered a Sim Only contract, but then cancelled it during the cooling off period (and within 48 hours). However the direct debit has still be set up, and I have just been charged!! 

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 6 September 2023, 21:19

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Sim cards are activated upon dispatch and as a result you’re billed from the point of dispatch right up until the point you cancel. 

Thanks Paul. However I've been billed the full monthly amount. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Then your first bill has been generated and once your cancellation has been processed you will receive a final bill showing a credit balance. This will be returned to your bank using your direct debit.

Ok thanks. Any idea how long the cancellation takes to process? I cancelled over 2 weeks ago

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Ok thanks. Any idea how long the cancellation takes to process? I cancelled over 2 weeks ago

It’s possible you’ll be waiting until the next monthly direct debit date before any credit is refunded to your bank account. 
🤞 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @andysw 

If you have paid a bill already but then cancelled during the cooling off period I’d recommend keeping an eye out for your final bill, this should detail a refund due and would automatically be refunded via direct debit, should that still be active.

Tom

Hi @Tom @andewhite and @WelshPaul 

I was expecting to receive a refund by direct debit today, however have just been charged the full amount for another month! It seems my contract hasn't been cancelled. Any advice?

Thanks

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like iD didn’t process your return, to cancel within your cooling off period, for some reason @andysw.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @andysw,

Did you receive a final bill?

If you have received your usual monthly bill it’s likely that it hasn’t been cancelled.

Please let  us know here and we will PM you to help you out.

Kash

No, I only received the monthly bill

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@andysw,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?