Solved

SIM only monthly contract CPI

• 23 November 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Iam an existing plan length monthly SIM only customer.

My SIM only monthly plan contract is not subject to CPI + 3.9% April price increases.   

Is that set to continue in April 2024?

I say this because when I looked at upgrades for SIM only 1 monthly plan contracts it states in the small print that the monthly charge will be subject to CPI.

Does that mean that if I don’t upgrade I am not subject to the new CPI terms?

Thanks

ps does ID mobile customer service exist outside this community?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 23 November 2023, 22:39

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Regarding support @Chrispies66, best to contact iD customer service using one of their primary support channels:

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends).

Userlevel 1

Thanks @andewhite ……. As mentioned in my post if you upgrade your SiM only contract either monthly or 12 monthly plans they are subject to CPI April increases…….  I don’t know how that affects existing SiM only customers who haven’t upgraded…….

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I think that has always been in the terms & conditions, but seems to be waived for SIM only contracts. That has been my experience of iD SIM only.

Userlevel 1

When I signed up for monthly SIM only 2 years ago there was no mention of CPI at the purchase point nor in the order confirmation.  I cannot find mention of it anywhere….

Now if you wish to purchase or upgrade with SIM only it specifically states that CPI will apply.  That is new.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

The various editions of the terms and conditions are available online on the iD website. 

For example terms for period 1st Nov 2021 to 14th Jun 2022 has the following section:

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the heads up on the terms and conditions link depending when your ID monthly call plan started or when you upgraded @andewhite …..

My contract or upgrade period is June 15th 2022 to 31st Oct 2022 which does not have the exemption for RPI applied to SIM only monthly contracts and states RPI would apply although it wasn’t applied in April 2023.

In summary, depending when contract and or upgrade started:-

- 14th June 2022, before this date no RPI or CPI applied in the charge terms for SiM only monthly.

- June 15th 2022 to Oct 31st 2022 charges will adjust inline with RPI for ALL plans, although that did not happen in April 2023.  ID mobile didn’t advise that U turn in March 2023, following YTD February 2023 RPI increase calculation, that should have applied to SiM monthly plans.

- Nov 1st 2022 onwards, RPI scrapped and CPI + 3.9% introduced for new contracts or upgrades.  That makes the April 2023 CPI + 3.9% rise more than RPI alone, around + 2.4% difference more for CPI over RPI change.

Thank you again @andewhite for the customer service contacts at ID mobile as I will ask them to clarify the time frame charge terms above and what they intend to do in April 2024, in light of dropping RPI and CPI figures from the peak inflation at the beginning of 2023..….  There is a precedent as ID mobile did not raise prices in April 2023 for plans under the RPI terms that stated prices would rise….🤔

ps. interestingly if you are a new customer who starts a plan on or after 1st February or an existing customer who upgrades their plan on or after that date, CPI + 3.9% (RPI removed from terms) does not apply to the April monthly price hikes that year,  but would for subsequent Aprils in following years……

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I don’t think handset contracts and SIM only contract have different terms & conditions - handset and SIM only appear to be covered by the same “Pay Monthly” terms. 

All editions of the online “Pay Monthly” terms from 15th June 2017 onwards appear to contain an RPI or CPI uplift clause. The annual uplift was always waived on my iD SIM only contract. 

Userlevel 1

Yes... that's correct however, I believe handset deals have been subject to RPI and now CPI + 3.9%.....     and in the charges summary you sent me, it states SIM only exemption from RPI for that contract period.....   for my contract period that was removed from 15th June 2022.....

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Chrispies66,

Your contract would provide the information regarding RPI and CPI.

You can further information here https://www.idmobile.co.uk/cpi and https://www.idmobile.co.uk/rpi.

If you require us to check your account, please let us know and we can PM you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Yes RPI applies you contract since Oct 2022 but that was not applied in April 2023?

How do I know if it applies in April 2024,

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Chrispies66 

If you’re on a SIM only deal, we haven’t applied RPI/CPI rates to those, however this can change and is agreed to in the contract.

If you’re on a 24 month phone plan, RPI/CPI rates will be applied every April.

Tom