Solved

sim only without contract

I’m looking at getting a sim only, without being tied to a contract.

do you offer these?

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 10 January 2023, 12:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Kimbert 

If you’d like a SIM card without any contract attached to them we’d recommend taking a look at our Pay As You Go offers.

https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/pay-as-you-go/sim-only

Tom

Is there any additional costs apart from the cost of the sim?

data, calls and data are all included say if I bought the £10 sim?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Kimbert,

Any out of plan usage is chargeable e.g using up all your data and then continuing to consume data costs £0.1024 per 1MB of data.

Calls to 084 and 087 numbers cost 45 per minute (iD access charge) + a charge set by the company you call.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Mohammed

Sorry

I'm still confused 😕 

So I pay say £10, and I pay this each month and I get unlimited minutes & texts as well as a specific amount of data, and all I do it top up every month for the same amount again and I'm free to stop topping up when I want to stop using the sim?

Userlevel 1

You can vary the amount you top up on PAYG as well (eg if you’re going make a call not covered by your free allowance). iDMobile do offer 30 Day rolling contracts as well (what I’m on) so the longest you’re ever committed to staying with them on this type of contract is 30 days (after giving them notice if you want to leave). Its not as if you have to sign up for a year or more when contracted to them (although that option is available too if you want it). It’s important to carefully check for service outages/disruption in your area though because the Scottish city where I live has had (known) problems with its 4G coverage since before I signed up with them with a black Friday promotion and these problems are still ongoing - effectively it means I need to rely on a 3G signal where I live in the centre of the city. The id Mobile Coverage checker still has my postcode down as having ‘Excellent’ 4G coverage - which is definitely NOT the case for the last few months.

Yes that’s what I’m after, a sim only without a contract, when I asked about this the other person replied that I have to do payg,

so I do I get a sim only pay monthly but without a contract so I’m free to leave whenever?

im on giffgaff at the moment who runs off the 02 network, 02 hasn’t worked where I live since the beginning of September!!!

This is why I want to switch and I don’t want to get tied into a contract because I was the flexibility to move if any problems 

Userlevel 1

No a SIM only contract is still a contract but the one I’m on (and there are many other similar ones) is a 30 day rolling contract. This means that the longest you’ll be forced to pay for if you leave without notice, is only 30 days of usage.

Again (as you’ve not acknowledged my previous comment) it’s well worth double checking in advance for any service issues in your postcode area on the Three website. Three don't seem to be very quick at fixing problems (at least in the Scottish city where I live).

According to the 3 website, there’s not problems where I live, I’m in Devon EX33 

3 & EE seems to be the only network working here!

have you got a link to the sim please?

Userlevel 1

Well good luck then. In terms of where I found my SIM Only contract, it was on a time limited Black Friday promo but I’m sure if you start here and browse, you’ll eventually find plenty of 30 day contracts https://www.idmobile.co.uk/

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Kimbert,

PAYG = no contract and top-up when you want/need or buy a bundle if you want

SIM Only / PAYM = fixed plan which renews each month. It is a contract but depends on which you select.

Monthly rolling = 30-days notice and cancel at any time. 

12 or 24-month can only be cancelled once the minimum term ends (you can still cancel within returns period without a term fee).

In your case and based on the discussion, a monhtly rolling contract SIM sounds like the best option.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?