Question

Spending cap reached. Payment made.

• 24 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Whilst roaming in Europe I unexpectedly hit my spending cap of £25. I've since made a payment to my account of £25 but the spending cap didn't reset and I'm stuck in Europe, unable to use my phone. 

Please advise. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you can’t increase your current iD account bill cap to a higher value, probably best to get assistance from iD customer support, using the iD online live chat service @Michbeer1982

Ask customer support to increase the spend cap on your iD account. 
Unfortunately, the customer support agents finish work at 8pm UK time, on weekdays.

That doesn't really answer the question I was asking

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Please advise. 

Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s anything you can do about the situation without contacting iD Mobile @Michbeer1982

If your current monthly bill cap is £25 and you’ve reached that credit limit, you’ll have to wait until the next billing cycle to get your £25 credit limit working again. 

In any given billing period, once you reach the bill cap, the iD systems do not reset the bill cap even if you make an immediate payment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Michbeer1982 

Paying into your account wouldn’t clear what’s been spent in a bill cap, the cap is there to stop you from being overcharged more than you’d expect or want.

You may be able to use the iD Mobile app/website to increase your bill cap, however as @andewhite has suggested, you can’t put it to infinite, there is a limit to the cap.

Tom

This isn’t at all helpful Tom.

- If you make an immediate payment the obviously you are “happy” or at least you are forced to accept and you certainly know about the extortionate charges for roaming. It’s ridiculous and frustrating that iD doesn’t therefore reset the cap.

- Having a cap is fine. Not being able to *reset it* is stupid and makes people want to switch providers. Wake up iD!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi,

Perhaps the OP can purchase an add-on?  I’ve hit my cap before and glad it was there as a safety net, although it was only set (intentionally) at £2.  If the OP has hit £25 and is somewhat ‘stuck’ then an add-on is a workaround?

Jonty.

Why iD Mobile?