Solved

Split Port

I ported my number over to ID and it was supposed to be completed on 26th May. On the big day my number was still live with my old provider Plusnet, but it also worked on my ID sim card too.

After many hours on chat with mobile ID they have advised me that the technical team have looked into it and my number has ported over and everything is complete.

The problem is I can only receive some calls or texts and some calls go straight to the voicemail on my old provider.  I called Plusnet on friday and they told me that my number was still live with them because  the porting of my old number wasn’t complete.

Technical support were supposed to contact me but I’m guessing they couldn’t get through on my phone because its not working.

So thats where I’m at. ID tell me that everything is working yet I can’t receive texts or calls.

Any ideas would me appreciated because my business is in a mess because of this.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 6 June 2023, 11:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

First things first… iD Mobile is for personal use, not for business. 

Any issues arising due to number porting is always the responsibility of the gaining provider, iD Mobile in this case. A split port can take up to 72 hours to complete (weekends excluded). Sounds like whoever you spoke to just fobbed you off! Get back on to live chat and insist they raise the issue with their porting team.

Yeah, I must have spent about 10 hours on live chat last week. Apparently they raised the issue with the technical team on my behalf. I was chased them up again on friday and I was told that the technical team had checked everything and they were pleased to tell me that the switch was completed. That when I called my old provider and they assured me that my number was still live with them and my account was still active. So again my case has supposedly been referred to the technical team again.

iD support has been shocking. I suppose I’ll have to make an official complaint, not that they’ll care.

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/advice-for-businesses/switching/switching-mobile

Compensation if your switch is delayed

If the switch takes more than one working day or there is an abuse of the process by your provider, you are entitled to reasonable compensation from your provider. Providers must inform customers how to access this compensation and how it will be paid.

Userlevel 1

I think I am in the Same boat as you I ported a number over last Thursday Friday we noticed no one could dial me but I could ring out and I dont have a data connection two worthless live chats later over the past couple of days and I have lodged a complaint I will certainly mention compensation when this gets sorted. I have another account with id mobile and had no issues porting in fact this is the first time over the years that it hasn’t worked.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Mark Neill,

As per the above topic, we’ve PMd you so we can look into this further for you.

@Theboycronic,

If you’ve raised a complaint with us, our Complaints Team will be in contact to look into this further and work to resolve this.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

@Mohammed got in touch again today to see how my complaint wasn’t progressing fair to say I have been left underwhelmed at the overall response. It’s clear that the port has not worked yet the people on live chat seem incapable of dealing with anything that is not part of the script. My complaint ref no 353085465 has still not progressed in left with a number still live on my old network and half live on id being able to make calls but not receive them and having no data 5 days after the port is just not good enough. Latest promise is something will happen in the next 24 hrs I am sadly not holding my breath and I am this close to lodging a complaint with ofcom given the inability to even talk to someone at id about this

I’m 7 days in since I ported my number over. It's a mess and I’ve lost faith in the technical team. Im not sure they know what they're doing. I have to put my old sim card in to see if I’ve got texts.

I wish I’d never heard of ID mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Theboycronic 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had this experience, have you spoken directly to the complaints team on 0800 049 2402 / 0800 049 1300?

Let us know if you’d like us to get in touch so we can take a look into this.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mark Neill 

I see we’re in contact with you via private messages, we’ll continue contact there.

Tom

Userlevel 1

Hi @Theboycronic 

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had this experience, have you spoken directly to the complaints team on 0800 049 2402 / 0800 049 1300?

Let us know if you’d like us to get in touch so we can take a look into this.

Tom

I didn’t realise I could call someone I will try this and see if that provides any joy thanks 

Why iD Mobile?