Solved

Still no 5G

• 30 March 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Well 6 months later still no 5G despite Three clearly stating my handset, an Oppo Find X2 Pro, is compatible with their 5G network. It’s all pretty damn annoying, including now iD sending advertising out claiming how they use Three the UK’s fastest 5G network :(

Chris

icon

Best answer by Hollz95 31 March 2022, 14:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Chirs1211, the Find X2 Pro isn’t on our list of compatible phones, unfortunately. Sorry to disappoint.

Thank you,

Rory

Userlevel 1

Yes I am aware, but it is on Three’s compatible list, don’t you find it odd that you list the Oppo Find X2 Lite as compatible despite being the lowest model in the X2 range but then say the flagship model X2 Pro is not !!
You also list the X3 Neo which has the same chipset as the X2 Pro, so why is the X2 Pro not compatible ??

Userlevel 1

Hey @Chirs1211 found this on another thread and it worked for me and my Boyfriend.

Open the telephone dial and enter *#54794824# Do not hit the dial button though. After you've entered the code a message in the lower half of the screen should appear saying "5G switch activated". Then the option should be there in settings to connect to 5G. If not check if it is there after a restart.

🤞

Userlevel 1

Found this as well on a different forum, sadly doesn’t work on a UK single sim phone, think it might only be for the dual sim versions. I’m not sure.

And as I have 5G with a Three  sim card this just makes this even more frustrating, as they use the same network !!

Userlevel 1

Found this as well on a different forum, sadly doesn’t work on a UK single sim phone, think it might only be for the dual sim versions. I’m not sure.

And as I have 5G with a Three  sim card this just makes this even more frustrating, as they use the same network !!

Oh ours are UK single SIM handsets and it worked 🤔

I know! I brought my handset after my partner and because mine hadn't updated to android 11 I was receiving 5g before we found the code. We then spoke to ID who said what they've said to you. But how can they be offering 5g on lower models of handset (lite) but not the pro. And to your point, the phone is capable of 5g so is threes network so why isn't it possible 🙄

I hope you get this resolved soon! Good luck!

Userlevel 1

It’s crazy isn’t it. I just keep getting the same useless answer, ‘it’s not on our list’ 

The Find X3 Neo has the same chipset and that’s on their list. 

I seriously doubt I’ll get this resolved, just get the run around.

I wish I’d never switch to this network now.

I’ll try the code again, but I’m not hopeful, but thanks for trying :)

Userlevel 1

Don’t ask me why but on 3rd time of trying it has worked, I’m now showing as having a 5G signal :) you’re a genius thank you so much 😁 

Chris 

Userlevel 1

Don’t ask me why but on 3rd time of trying it has worked, I’m now showing as having a 5G signal :) you’re a genius thank you so much 😁 

Chris 

Yay!! I'm so glad it worked for you! 3rd time lucky! Enjoy! 😁

Userlevel 1

Thanks again, it is much appreciated :)  

Chris

Why iD Mobile?