Solved

Stolen mobile - new sim needed

• 2 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi

My daughter has had her mobile stolen. I think I have managed to cancel the number through the automated service. However, I need to get her a new sim. She wasn’t set up on the app and therefore I can’t log in. I also can’t register as it says it will send a code through to her phone - not really useful seeing as some oik has it! How do I get a replacement sim please - there must be an easier way!

Thanks in advance for any help

icon

Best answer by andewhite 2 March 2022, 10:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @moumatt,

Sorry to hear your daughter’s phone was stolen.

The iD online community isn’t real-time, so it might be several days before somebody at iD Mobile reads your post.

You can get replacement SIM cards in-store from currys (Carphone Warehouse). It will cost £5, or it might be quicker to PM iD Mobile via their facebook or twitter social media pages, or try the iD Live Chat service.

It’s best to contact iD Mobile between 9am - 6pm - that way you can PM or chat with a real person.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi

My daughter has had her mobile stolen. I think I have managed to cancel the number through the automated service. However, I need to get her a new sim. She wasn’t set up on the app and therefore I can’t log in. I also can’t register as it says it will send a code through to her phone - not really useful seeing as some oik has it! How do I get a replacement sim please - there must be an easier way!

Thanks in advance for any help

Hey @moumatt,

Via the automated service you can report the phone as lost/stolen.

You can’t get a replacement SIM As this can only be done through us.

If you haven’t already had this resolved by one of our other contact methods e.g.  Live Chat, FB or Twitter, then please let us know here and we can help.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?