Solved

struggling to leave ID

• 25 October 2023
  • 4 replies

So, I’m after here for some advise really. 
I’ve just left ID pay monthly as my signal wasn’t very great and overall I wasn’t very impressed with the provider and gone to 02

i have around a year left of my contract and don’t mind paying my early termination fees. 

I’ve contacted ID customer service (useless) twice now and explained I want to leave ID pay monthly and both times have been promised I’ll be able to. 

they’ve both times now provided me with a stac code to give to my new provider. I’ve done this and still my account is still live with ID.

ive also given them 30 days notice to cancel as that was an option and its still going and when ive checked how long is left and to confirm its still happening they’ve told me they have no idea that its pending.

I’m really upset with the service from ID. And would love some advice about finally leaving. My experience trying to leave ID has been really stressful and shouldn’t be this hard! 

Any advise great 

icon

Best answer by andewhite 25 October 2023, 11:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you used the PAC or STAC that you got from iD Mobile?

Have you paid the early termination fee yet @Satchel_dreamer

Perhaps, gather the facts and add a timeline, so you got everything ready should need to make a complaint about the customer service you’ve received.

Yep. I’ve given the stac code twice to o2 now. my account is still live. 

I haven’t been generated my final bill. I’m under the impression that will come (termination fee) when the account is closed. This is what I was told. 

Customer service are still clueless about my account being shut down. 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Strange, you only supposed to be able to use a STAC or PAC once @Satchel_dreamer.

Not sure how O2 accepted your STAC on two occasions - something may have gone wrong.

Anyway, OFCOM rules make O2 100% responsible for ensuring the iD account linked to the STAC request is closed, when O2 process the STAC.

The final iD bill is normally produced the day after the iD account is closed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Satchel_dreamer 

@andewhite would be correct here, when you give a network an STAC code, they would be responsible for using it and then actioning the cancellation.

It’s worth noting that only one of either an STAC code or a 30 day disconnection can exist at a time, not both, it’s possible a request of one has cancelled out the other here.

If you’re still having issues having the account cancelled please let us know.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?