Solved

switch to ID while abroad

• 15 May 2023
  • 7 replies

I want to switch to ID but the earliest switch is next Monday and will be in Europe. Is it possible to switch if you are on roaming?

icon

Best answer by Tom 17 May 2023, 13:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dchapman 

Yes, there shouldn’t be any issues with porting while being abroad.

Tom

Thank you Tom,

one more question if I may. As I am leaving the UK on Sunday evening should I get a new SIM card first or use the option to switch now using the PAC code?

I also found another question about porting a number to iD and the answer said you had to be in the UK to switch. That makes me unsure if the switch will be possible while in EU

thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Dchapman 

If you haven’t ordered a SIM card already you wouldn’t likely get it before Sunday as they’re delivered via Royal Mail within 3-5 working days, it could be worth visiting a local Currys store.

When porting you’ll have the option to select a date you’d want the port to take place, there shouldn’t be any issues with porting while roaming. On the selected date your SIM card would stop working and then you’ll be able to swap to the iD Mobile SIM card from that point.

Tom

Hi @Tom hope you can assist me. My number has not been ported to iD and I cannot register with app. I have tried the number to be ported and the temporary iD number. I don’t know what to do

thanks David 

I cannot register on the iD mobile app using either the number that was meant to be ported on 19th May or the temporary iD mobile number. Please help iD mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Dchapman,

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Mohammed

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

EDIT: Topics have been merged

Why iD Mobile?