Solved

Switching

• 8 September 2023
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm on the point of joining iD, on a sim only deal, but my switching date is a week way. Therefore should I postpone registering my account in the iD app until after the switch has occurred.

At the moment I'm still using my ‘Three’ sim in my phone, as my contract with them expires  at the same time as the switch is due to take place. 

That being the case, as my iD sim is not yet installed in a phone, I can’t get texted one time codes to complete my registration. Should I just wait until the switch has completed??

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 8 September 2023, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Wait until the day after the switch has taken place.

Userlevel 1

Hh WelshPaul

Thanks for that. 

There seems to be very little information on “sim only switching when you have already supplied the PAC code and selected a future date for the switch. 

Perhaps this conversation will help other poor souls like me!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hh WelshPaul

Thanks for that. 

There seems to be very little information on “sim only switching when you have already supplied the PAC code and selected a future date for the switch. 

Perhaps this conversation will help other poor souls like me!

Perhaps because iD think it might make it harder to change your mind 🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KazOG,

Welcome to the Community!

Please let us know if you wish to change the port date and we can look into this for you.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi Kash

I don't want to change the port date, as the date I chose is the day before my contract ends with ‘Three’

so I’m happy with that date.

The point I was trying to make,  was that I was trying to log into the iD App, but of course my iD Sim is not installed in my phone yet, so I could not receive a text with a one time code to set up my account in the App.

Hopefully I will be able to do that after my existing number has been ported to iD, in a few days time.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If you’ve received your iD SIM card @KazOG, because it was activated at the point of dispatch, it’s ready to use upon receipt.

Pop your new iD SIM in a handset and you’ve got the option to register online and use the iD app, before transferring your number to iD, if so desired - otherwise wait until the day after the switch, as suggested by @WelshPaul

Userlevel 1

Hi andewhite

Thanks for that I’ll wait until after the switch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KazOG,

If you require further assistance, please let us know and we can help you out.

Kash

Userlevel 1

The switch is due on Friday, if I need further help I’ll come back to you guys, but in the meantime thanks for your help so far 👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KazOG,

No worries. We’ll be happy to help you out.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hopefully the switch will happen today 

Userlevel 1

Hi, WelshPaul, andewhite & Kash,

The switch has happened!  Everything up and running!

Thanks for your help guys👍 Cheers 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KazOG,

Great to hear that.

If you ever need any assistance in the future you can contact us through Live Chat, Twitter, Facebook or by leaving a post on the Community!

Kash

Hi ,I have a sim only deal which is due to become active in another week ,do I need to insert the sim prior to the switch over date?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hi ,I have a sim only deal which is due to become active in another week ,do I need to insert the sim prior to the switch over date?

No need to insert the SIM before your number is transferred to iD @DWT, if you’re happy to wait.

👍

Why iD Mobile?