Solved

switching from old id contract to new contract keeping old number

I have stupidly bought a new contract with the same company, how do I switch sims and keep old number. Transfer from sim to sim on same provider. Can't get to talk to anyone.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 9 February 2023, 22:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Get a PAC from iD for the mobile number you want to keep @KJones4433.

Give the PAC to another provider, for a PAYG plan (e.g. giffgaff).

Once the number has been switched to your new PAYG provider, ask them for a PAC and use this to port the number you want to keep back to the iD plan you will use going forward.

It’s a bit of a faff, but is necessary because you can’t port a number from one iD plan to another iD plan.

Good luck @KJones4433.

Thank you, sounds complicated but a solution. 

So reckon I need 3 phones for all the sim switches?? Like which sim in which phone, scared of doing something wrong. 🤔 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Actually you can do it all with just one mobile phone, but don’t you have 2 phones @KJones4433?

Isn’t there your old phone, and your brand new handset from your latest iD plan?

Yeah I have 2 phones, the new one n the old one.

Which order step by step would you do it with which phone, so sorry for being thick.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So if the old phone has the mobile number you want to keep, just text “PAC ddMMyy” to 65075.

ddMMyy is the date of birth iD Mobile have on record for you @KJones4433.

Once you get your PAC from iD, you can give that to another service provider.
You’ve got 30-days to use the PAC before it expires, after which you can ask iD for a new PAC.

Good luck @KJones4433.

Thank you so much, you've really helped me. Gonna try it tonight, wish me luck.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello KJones4433,

Welcome to the iD community. andewhite has already beaten me to it 😉 but what you would need to complete is known as a triangular port. Where you port the number to a different network, or a Pay As You Go SIM card, and then back into iD.

If you need any further assistance with this, please let us know.

So just to clarify,  I put the PAYG sim into the new phone?? Isn't it locked to id ??

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

iD handsets are not network locked @KJones4433.

Your PAYG SIM card should be fine in the new phone - good luck.

Okay thank you,I didn't know that.

Hi, right so now have old number on paygo and got a pac code, how do I enter id mobile to transfer number .

Also can't log in as I have multiple contacts and it won't let me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KJones4433,

Is your account registered?

You’ll need to register the account under a new email address if you haven’t already.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Can I talk to an person

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hey @Ivan Itch,

How can we help?

Have you got a bit of information on the issues you’re having?

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

I have the same problem but have read what to do, thanks

We've tried to process your PAC, but there is an issue with the information you've submitted. Please check that you have provided the correct details and try again.

I keep getting this error and I checked all the information is correct 100% please help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Eugen Takacs 

Please could you try the port form with your surname in all caps ensuring your transaction number begins with “4”?

Tom

Why iD Mobile?