Question

switching provider

• 19 December 2023
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, after I had ordered the phone, I had sent a PAC code over on one of you’re email links and selected today Tuesday the 19th for the switch with my number to be made, I just want to check if i will get a message saying it’s been switched and if I need to do anything further with my previous EE contract. My account with ID is still saying the number that you provided not the number I want to switch it over to 

12 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Has your old provider’s SIM stopped working yet @Amy_wclare?

When I switched to iD, my old provider’s SIM stopped working around 10am, and the number I wanted to keep was switched to iD around 3pm, on my switching date.

Userlevel 1

No that sim is still working

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like your switch hasn’t started yet @Amy_wclare
You’ll usually know when the switch has began, because your old provider’s SIM will stop working.

You might want to speak to iD support and see if everything’s okay. You can get in-touch as follows:

The agents work until 8pm on weekdays (6pm at weekends). 

Userlevel 1

Thank you!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Amy_wclare 

Just to let you no this company is extremely slow at doing anything as I had 2 contracts it took time to get transferred across despite of the so called porting date!

Then I had to wait nearly 2 weeks to get my code back off them again as I couldn’t stand with the hassle of this company and this is why I’’m letting you no as I’ve lost track of the amount of people I’ve spoken to about there problems as the company won’t sort out my problem and they don’t even reply to my messages so 5 ⭐️’s for extremely bad customer service!!!

Peter.

Userlevel 1

So the number has switched over, however there is no service and has been like that for hours. However I have read on a previous discussion that someone had a similar experience, which was when they were transferring things over to the new phone and clicked transfer phone number, however this was I think an eSIM and ID don’t support those. So now I’m unsure whether to delete the eSIM in case it gets rid of the number I want to keep 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

So the number has switched over, however there is no service and has been like that for hours. However I have read on a previous discussion that someone had a similar experience, which was when they were transferring things over to the new phone and clicked transfer phone number, however this was I think an eSIM and ID don’t support those. So now I’m unsure whether to delete the eSIM in case it gets rid of the number I want to keep 

You may need to change the PRIMARY SIM to the slot with the iD SIM card in your handset @Amy_wclare

Userlevel 1

Sorry what do you mean by that? The number that I am keeping is noted as the primary 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Other forum users have posted about issues porting from EE to iD, when using an eSIM with EE. 

If this applies, and even if it doesn’t, the following topic maybe worth reading.

Userlevel 1

I did read that, and took the advice. It’s now finally working. I think it just needed a little time after I deleted the eSIM. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Amy_wclare 

Glad to hear that you were able to sort this, thanks for the help here @andewhite.

Tom

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Peter Mills 

I understand you’re frustrated however we’d kindly ask that you don’t go to every post you can find and spam.

We’ve already private messaged you to ask if you need further assistance, but you’ve ignored this.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?