Solved

Text messages not sending

• 25 September 2022
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1

I transferred to ID a few months ago, but I have a problem sending texts. Sometimes they send but are always marked as not delivered.

I have read other answers to this problem and have tried both resetting network settings and checking that the number in settings is correct and then restarting but nothing is working.

Would appreciate some help.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 28 September 2022, 10:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

What brand and model of mobile phone are you using @Claire Pimblett

Userlevel 1

iPhone 6s

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Claire Pimblett, try turning OFF iMessage on your iPhone 6s and then leave it turned OFF.

Tap Settings > Messages > iMessage

With iMessage OFF, can you send and receive text messages OK?

Good luck @Claire Pimblett.

Userlevel 1

Unfortunately not, with iMessage off I still can’t send any texts, they are not delivered almost immediately.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Oh dear @Claire Pimblett - if iMessage is always OFF and you can’t send text messages to anybody, it seems iD Mobile haven’t ported your number to iD properly.

If you turn ON iMessage, can you send text messages to people with iPhones?

Anyway, you’ll probably need to contact iD for assistance with this issue.
In my experience the iD social media team are very helpful. Contact this team on facebook (using Messenger), or send them a DM (direct message) on Twitter.

Any out-of-hours messages left on facebook or Twitter are picked-up when the iD social media team next start work.

There’s also an iD online chat service at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat - the chat agents work 9am - 8pm on weekdays (8am - 6pm at weekends).
To avoid the chat-bot, type “talk to a person” to speak to an agent

Good luck @Claire Pimblett!

Userlevel 1

Thank you for the advice. yeah my iMessage works to send messages to people with iPhones. I’ll contact the iD team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Claire Pimblett,

Did you manage to get in touch with someone or do you still require some assistance with this?

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem as this and the problem is still not resolved. I have tried contacting via live chat but only get automated help guides which don’t help.

Can someone reach out to me please?

Thanks

NB - This was the solution that worked for me:

1) Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages) 2) Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button) 3) Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 4) If it is not correct, please enter the correct number 5) Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages) 6) Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under "Start new conversations from:" If you are having issues with the above please retry with flight mode enabled and/or the SIM card removed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Trevor123,

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Kash

Userlevel 1

I had to send a normal txt message to new number and found out that I can’t send normal messages, I’ve tried with iMessage solution but that didn’t worked for me. My number was transferred from Vodafone.

It’s second issue I’ve got since I’ve moved to ID Mobile and it’ only just over a month I am with you.😑

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I had to send a normal txt message to new number and found out that I can’t send normal messages, I’ve tried with iMessage solution but that didn’t worked for me. My number was transferred from Vodafone.

It’s second issue I’ve got since I’ve moved to ID Mobile and it’ only just over a month I am with you.😑

Did iD Mobile ever fix the “Extra charge for receiving a TXT message” issue you reported about 1 month ago @Luk45z

Userlevel 1

The last update I had was, that they investigated and issued a credit to my account, but if the problem was fixed I don’t know. I’ll find out when I’ll receive message again, because I’ve set up cap to £5 so will see what will happen. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

No problem @Luk45z,

Keep us updated here if you still need support.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?