Solved

Texting 65075 brings up an error

• 31 August 2022
  • 9 replies

When I ask for a PAC I receive a message saying oops something went wrong

I just want to leave and take my number. Why is it so difficult,  no numbers to call the bot doesn’t work. Why are you refusing to let me go?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 1 September 2022, 16:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Have you tried to send a text with PAC to 65075, from the device using your iD SIM?

That should work.

I will give that a shot, will that be all I need to do if it is successful, I assume my new provider will use the pac number to inform ID that they are providing a sim and my old sim can be shutdown.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I will give that a shot, will that be all I need to do if it is successful, I assume my new provider will use the pac number to inform ID that they are providing a sim and my old sim can be shutdown.

The process is regulated by OFCOM and is supposed to work as follows:

The gaining mobile network is supposed to arrange everything, including the closure of your ‘old’ account (with iD).

Good luck.

Nah, I received a message requesting I resend message and include my birthdate, which I did but heard nothing since, no message, nada. instructions above inaccurate.

The “Switch or Cancel” window still fails with an error if I try to get my PAC number, IDMobile is not good at allowing its customers to become ex-customers!!!

So what else can I do to extricate myself from IDMobiles clutches?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Nah, I received a message requesting I resend message and include my birthdate, which I did but heard nothing since, no message, nada. instructions above inaccurate.

Ah yes - sorry @Guru.

This also occurred when I requested my PAC, so I sent PAC DDMMYY to 65075, and received my PAC immediately.

If your text PAC DDMMYY to 65075 - where DDMMYY is your date of birth - fails, and your iD My Account isn’t cooperating, then your remaining options for a PAC are:

1. Get in-touch (privately) using facebook (using Messenger).
  2. Get in-touch (privately) using Twitter (by Direct Message).
  3. Use online chat at https://idmobile.co.uk/live-chat - iD agents work until 8pm on weekdays.

FYI, any out-of-hours messages left on social media are picked-up when the social media team next start work.

For online chat option, type “talk to a person” after connecting and avoid the bot. 

Good luck @Guru.
🤞

The following day the text message worked. Many thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Guru 

Sorry to hear the 65075 service wasn’t working, glad to see you got it sorted eventually though!

Should anybody have issues with it we’ll be able to issue a PAC code if you can contact us via the Live Chat.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?