Solved

The PAC code that you provided is invalid

• 27 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I’m trying to get help with moving from Idmobile. Idmobile have sent me a PAC code but my new network provider says that the PAC code provided is invalid. How do I get a PAC code that actually works?

I can see that I’m not alone in this predicament. Has anyone out there got any useful advice that they can share? 

Thanks for listening.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 27 January 2022, 21:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @Gooders,

When did you request your PAC?

As iD don’t provide telephone support, it’s supposed to come as an SMS to your device within two hours of you requesting your PAC.

Did you receive an SMS from iD with your PAC?

Hello @Gooders,

When did you request your PAC?

As iD don’t provide telephone support, it’s supposed to come as an SMS to your device within two hours of you requesting your PAC.

Did you receive an SMS from iD with your PAC?

Thank you @andewhite for getting back to me. I did get the PAC code in a SMS. The problem was that it was invalid and so my new provider would not accept it.

In the end, I had a long Live Chat session with someone called Bash who was very helpful and issued me a new PAC which was valid and accepted. I'm now off to hopefully a better service. All the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Gooders,

Sorry to hear the initial PAC code provided was incorrect as it sounds like a system issue that probably caused that but glad to hear you got it sorted in the end.

Why iD Mobile?