Question

Threatened with service suspension

• 27 September 2021
  • 5 replies

i have received a message telling me that my service will be suspended if i don’t pay my outstanding balance, however, i have been paying by direct debit for years. i can’t get to speak to anyone and it’s very frustrating! what can i do?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @billyhot70

Sadly the iD systems that their customers rely on working properly aren’t.

See here and here for announcements about problems with the iD customer facing systems.

Disappointing recent track record from iD, but hopefully lessons will be learned and things will get better. 

I am just really concerned that they will suspend my service. I have checked my bank account and can confirm that I haven’t missed a single payment!

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Well @billyhot70, if that happened you’d have more than reasonable grounds for a complaint.

Anyway iD have stated, here in the community: “We're aware of an issue where some customers have been sent an outstanding balance notification in error.”  

I hope your service is not suspended as a result of their system error.

I have also received an email threatening to suspend my service if I don’t pay an outstanding balance. I have a direct debit set up. No payment has been taken from this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @Maentwrog & @billyhot70,

We’re sorry if we’ve caused you to worry.

We're aware of an issue where some customers have been sent an outstanding balance notification in error. We're working on restoring access to the iD Mobile app so those affected can check their balance as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please follow the link below for the most up to date information:

https://community.idmobile.co.uk/announcements-16/customer-notice-collections-notification-incorrectly-sent-out-to-some-customers-45634

Will

Why iD Mobile?