Question

Trade In Offer Question

• 6 September 2022
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I’m attempting to take advantage of a trade in offer on the ID Mobile website (£150 minimum trade-in when taking out a new 24 month contract on an S21 FE 5G 2022). Unfortunately, the trade-in tool is not recognizing my existing handset (a Samsung Galaxy A41) – please can you advise how I should proceed?

Note: I’ve read other posts here where it has suggested that if the IMEI number is not recognized then the handset is not accepted. However, given the wording of the offer (copied below for ease) I’m not sure that’s still the case.

*Trade-in any working or non-working mobile phone to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S22 or a Samsung Galaxy S21 FE and purchase a new 24 month plan from ID mobile between 28/07/2022 - 30/09/2022. Minimum £150 guaranteed or the value of the traded in handset, whichever is higher will be discounted off the upfront cost of the phone, issued onto a Gift Card or received via a BACS transfer. Open to participants resident in the UK , Isle of Man or Channel Islands 18+ only.

N.B. I asked this question in a Live Chat and was told to direct to Currys via the email link - which I did over 24 hrs ago but am yet to have a response back.

Any help or insight greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Tom

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Tom C,

This handset is likely not accepted as a trade-in.

I appreciate the wording sounds suggestive to mean any device, however it’s referring to any device that’s accepted as one on Currys trade-in site.

We don’t have control over which handsets are accepted or if others can be added sadly.

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?