Question

Trade In & Proof Of Purchase

• 25 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Well I feel I needed to start a new topic as moving to ID has been and still is a painful experience.

Let's start with the trade in and the elusive extra £150 for trading in my Z Fold 2, well the email states £400 for starters but I thought OK send the phone off. I joined ID on the 9th March, shipped my phone by special delivery on the 17th, received by them on the 18th March. No money has been received from them, any problems reply to the email, 5 emails later and no reply, totally blanked. At this point I will be surprised if I see the £400 let alone the £550 that was promised. So now they have my phone and that money was going to pay off my upfront cost, but hey who cares its only £550 right?

Secondly the lovely claim your Samsung buds, err yeah would be great but where is my proof of purchase? Send us a PM with all your details and that will be sorted for you. Still waiting for a reply and my proof of purchase so as yet still cannot claim my buds.

This whole experience has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and already ID have lost a customer and I'm only 16 days in, great customer service that is. The only thing that has gone right so far is the porting of my number from o2 which I may add have top notch customer service, back to them I will go in 24 months.

Appalling service so far ID, appalling.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

So I called the trade in helpline to be told they could not locate me in the system, I was told to do live chat with ID mobile which I did only to be told they could not help me and to call Carphone again. The lady once again told me could not see anything regarding the trade in even though I have the email and trade in reference number, said she would email the team but I'm not very hopeful and they have my Z Fold 2 which is not what I would class a cheap phone. Should have sold it on eBay rather than this shoddy outfit who now have my phone and I have nothing in return, no one seems to care and I've learnt my lesson when it comes to Carphone Warehouse and ID mobile.

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Oh dear @idf1000, sorry to hear about this. I can see we already have a private message thread open with you. We do apologise for the delay in getting back to you. 

We’ll be replying to you message as soon as we possibly can.

Thank you,

Rory

So here's an update. Trade in team emailed me yesterday saying they had received my phone and will be processing shortly. Today I received the below from them and thought i needed to post here to make everyone aware of how shady they are.

"HI ***,

Thank you for your patience

Sorry for the delay with the trade in of your phone, this is due to an IMEI error on the phone stopping the testing of your phone for trade in.

We are manually working to fix the problem however if we cannot find a resolution, we may need to return the phone

We will keep you updated in the next couple of days

THanks"

An IMEI error on the phone?? What the hell is that all about? The phone has 2 IMEI and they match the box it came in. So looks like the phone will be returned but more than likely I will receive a Nokia 8810 instead of my Z Fold 2 because clearly they have no idea.

Again this is disgusting and disappointing behaviour from Carphone. I truly wish I had done my upgrade through o2 as they do things right, I can't even cancel my contract which is what I want to do as its been over 14 days. Just appalling behaviour and I'm very bitter about this entire experience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@idf1000 

Thanks for getting back to us and keeping us updated.

I can see that we have sent you a PM so if you could please get  back to us there we will get back to you asap.

Kash

Well I have been informed that my trade in has completed so this can be closed now.

Thank you to all those involved 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@idf1000,

Glad to hear it’s resolved.

Please get back in touch if you require further assistance.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?