Solved

Trade Up Top Up Concern

• 25 November 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Sadly I was hoping I wouldn't have to post this but I've seen a few others with similar issues recently.

I've recently joined ID Mobile and I traded in my old S21 which was valued at 250 but there was a promotion for an additional 150 which I checked out with.

I called after my order to confirm I would get it as I had no confirmation and was assured I would.

I sent my old phone in last week and yesterday got confirmation of the 250 and it stated any additional promotion amount I'd get an email for within 24 hours. Well it's now been 24 hours and I've heard nothing.

Checked contact options, no way to call ID Mobile and the live chat just gives an error page. Quite disappointed that there's no way to get in touch easily. 

I could email the tradeup email address but I did that pre-sales and they never even responded so bit concerned that won't work either.

How can I get my extra owed 150?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Mohammed 1 December 2022, 13:58

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Apparently the additional £150 is handled separately because it’s a Samsung UK promotion.

Elsewhere in this forum it’s been noted the Currys trade-in team are behind schedule dealing with additional ‘special’ payments.

If you purchased your handset before the offer expired, and your claim was submitted before the cut-off date for your bonus offer, I’m sure you’ll eventually receive £150.

You can email TradeUpHelp@currys.co.uk, or call 0370 111 6565 to enquire.

Good luck @Boseley. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply andewhite. Looking at the Samsung deal I was after the cut off. However I have screenshots on ID mobiles website with a date that is much further in the future. I don't know how they will sort it but the responsibility is on ID Mobile to resolve this as their website was still offering it when I placed my order. Not sure about Samsung. I've emailed them anyway. Thanks.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Boseley, hard to know what’ll happen but I suspect you’ll spend more than £150 worth of your time in pursuit of the special £150 bonus payment.

This forum’s got plenty of posts from customers who’ve struggled, or are struggling, to get their £150.

Good luck @Boseley.
🤞🤞🤞

Userlevel 1

Yeah, I'm definitely starting to regret moving to ID Mobile.....but I'm persistent if nothing else!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for the reply andewhite. Looking at the Samsung deal I was after the cut off. However I have screenshots on ID mobiles website with a date that is much further in the future. I don't know how they will sort it but the responsibility is on ID Mobile to resolve this as their website was still offering it when I placed my order. Not sure about Samsung. I've emailed them anyway. Thanks.

Hey @Boseley  have you got a screenshot of the offer you saw? I’ll try to check and advise further.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hey @Boseley  have you got a screenshot of the offer you saw? I’ll try to check and advise further.

accidentally marked this as the answer rather than replied but yes I do Mohammed. If you could take a look it would be appreciated. I've now had the 250 but not the 150. Pretty frustrated if I'm honest. I called Sunday as well and they said they would try to sort it. Reference for that was 0000759744 but still heard nothing. Please see screenshots attached.

Mohammed

Userlevel 1

Hey @Boseley  have you got a screenshot of the offer you saw? I’ll try to check and advise further.

accidentally marked this as the answer rather than replied but yes I do Mohammed. If you could take a look it would be appreciated. I've now had the 250 but not the 150. Pretty frustrated if I'm honest. I called Sunday as well and they said they would try to sort it. Reference for that was 0000759744 but still heard nothing. Please see screenshots attached.

Mohammed

Any luck Mohammed? Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Mohammed

@Mohammed Well I've now completely lost the will to live. No response from you, no response from the email to the trade up team after a week or even the emails I sent weeks ago.

Spoke to trade up team last Sunday, told it would be sorted in 3-5 days. Nothing happened. Phoned today, told they emailed the banking team and not trade up so wait another 3-5 days. Tried to raise a complaint, got cut off.

Called back again, cut off 3 more times. Finally got a stable call with someone, now told to wait 28 days for confirmation and payment. Have zero faith in this and it contradicts all previous advise and the email I got stating I'd have confirmation within 24 hours which I never did.

Asked to raise a complaint, told have to wait 24/48 hours then told probably Tuesday but zero faith and no progress.

Honestly, this is disgraceful service. I'm currently looking at contacting both ofcom, trading standards and/or small claims court.

Worst decision I ever made leaving EE.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Boseley,

I’m very sorry to hear that you feel this way and we can help you with your query.

If you have contacted us elsewhere the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

However I can see that you mentioned that you had issues with raising a complaint and we can check the complaint for you. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Userlevel 1

Hi @Boseley,

I’m very sorry to hear that you feel this way and we can help you with your query.

If you have contacted us elsewhere the team will get back to you as soon as possible.

However I can see that you mentioned that you had issues with raising a complaint and we can check the complaint for you. 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

@Kash I think after a lot of kicking off this is finally getting sorted. No one called me back reference the complaint, but I got an email to say the 150 was coming within 3-5 days after threatening legal action in an email to the trade up team.

Why iD Mobile?