Solved

Transfer from iD mobile to Vodafone with PAC code

• 13 December 2023
  • 7 replies

I'm in the last month of a 24 month contract with iD mobile, which ends on the 6th January 2024.

I've requested a PAC code and plan to transfer to Vodafone.

When I tried to order a SIM-only plan through the Vodafone website, they allow you to enter a PAC code and transfer date, but since the 6th January 2024 is a Saturday, I can only select the 5th (Friday) or the 8th (Monday).

From what I understand, there'll be a termination charge if I trigger a transfer on the 5th, but if I wait to transfer on the 8th, I think I'll have entered a new 30-day rolling contract with iD mobile.

Is there a way to transfer using a PAC code on a weekend, and is the Vodafone site just being difficult?

If I terminated my contract on the 6th, could I still use a PAC code on the Monday to get my existing number on a new network?

icon

Best answer by andewhite 13 December 2023, 16:01

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

You can text “INFO” to 85075 to find out how much your termination fee would be @CoffeeMoose.

If your number was switched on 8th Jan, wouldn’t you only be paying for 2-days of the Jan 2024 billing period?

Do you know what happens after my contract expires?

Do you move onto a new 30-day rolling contract (at the same cost of my existing monthly contract)?

If that’s the case I’d assume I’d have to pay for a month, but are you saying that I’d only have to pay for 2 days of it?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When your 24-month minimum term contract ends, it is converted to a 30-day rolling contract (at the same monthly cost of your current contract). 

When your PAC is used, your iD account is closed the day after your number gets switched. 
OFCOM rules stop service providers charging for notice periods on 30-day rolling contracts.
Hence in this example, you’d only pay for the 2-days connected to iD Mobile, before switching.

None of the UK mobile operators do number transfers at weekends, nor on a bank holiday. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @CoffeeMoose,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that @andewhite has answered your query.

If you require further assistance, please let us know.

Kash

My contract is £34/month, so does that mean I’d effectively have to pay £34/31 days * 2 days = £2.19 for the privilege of keeping my number?

If I cancelled my contract on the 6th January, would the PAC code still work on the 8th January so I could keep my number?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I guess if keeping your mobile number is important @CoffeeMoose, then you’ll need to pay a small proportion of your Jan 2024 line rental, to cover rental from 6th to 8th Jan.

Otherwise, just cancel your iD contract and get a new mobile number from Vodafone.

Cancelling your contract, and using a PAC (to transfer your number elsewhere), are processed differently by iD Mobile @CoffeeMoose

For a cancellation: you’re disconnected from iD’s network; your account’s closed; your number’s retired. Getting a PAC allows your number to move to another service provider, before your iD account is closed, and the iD account closure happens as part of the switching process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @CoffeeMoose 

In any case you’ll pay either through to the end term date of your contract (if disconnecting before that date) OR if cancelling after your contract has expired, you’ll only be paying for the time extra you’ve spent on it, no extra contracted period would be added by us automatically.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?