Solved

transfer vs change

• 23 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there any charge for switching a number via PAC to new ID mobile account?

Says £25 charge for ‘changing’ number, but ‘switching’ or ‘transfering’ seems to be mentioned separately with no mention of any charge.

I only ask as I have never been charged for a PAC switch before so figured the charge must only relate to being issued with a wholly different number rather than switching in an existing one?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 23 February 2023, 10:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

There is no charge for a PAC - the OFCOM rules forbid this happening.

You cannot use a PAC to transfer a mobile number directly from one iD plan to another iD plan @Nicky2023.

The £25 admin fee would apply to change your number, meaning you’re asking for an new number to replace the number you’ve got.

Userlevel 1

There is no charge for a PAC - the OFCOM rules forbid this happening.

You cannot use a PAC to transfer a mobile number directly from one iD plan to another iD plan @Nicky2023.

The £25 admin fee would apply to change your number, meaning you’re asking for an new number to replace the number you’ve got.

Great. I did try to look for the regulations on it, but could only find that the provider the number was being ported from could not charge. Wasn’t sure about the provider it was being ported to. 

yes, I am transferring it from another provider, not ID mobile.

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Nicky2023 

The £25 charge is just for changing a number to a random one if you don’t want the number you currently have with iD Mobile, typically done to avoid spam etc.

To move a number from another network to iD Mobile via PAC code is no additional charge.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?