Solved

Transferred number

• 2 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I recently got a new Iphone 11 and transferred from EE to ID Mobile. I got my PAC code from EE and it said it had successfully transferred my number over to my new phone.

To hopefully make it easier to understand - the number I have transferred from my old phone and want to keep ends in 293, and the number that originally came with this phone ends in 685.

If someone texts me, regardless of whether they have IMessage turned on or not, it comes through on my new phone, not my old one, which is fine.

However, when I text someone who has IMessage turned on, it comes through on their phone as the number that originally came with my new phone (ending 685).

When I text someone who doesn’t have iMessage turned on, it comes through on their phone 3 times, but only shows it once on my phone and then says the message hasn’t been delivered - even though it has come through on their phone 3 times.

On my contacts list it also still lists my number as the one ending 685.

Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Ryan 9 December 2020, 12:03

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Meganholly1,

I suspect this is an issue with the iMessage service not updating after porting your number over. Please can you try the below settings?

1)    Turn off iMessage (Settings > Messages)
2)    Restart your phone (by pressing and holding the on/off button)
3)    Tap Settings > Phone > My Number and confirm that it is correct. 
4)    If it is not correct, please enter the correct number
5)    Turn iMessage back to On (Settings > Messages)
6)    Finally, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive and see if the correct number is displayed under “Start new conversations from:”. 

Please let us know if this helps. You can also reset the settings if that doesn’t work by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Ryan

Thank you this worked!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thank you for letting us know @Meganholly1 

Why iD Mobile?