transferring number over

• 10 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I asked for a PAC code to change from Tesco to ID on Friday I got all the information through and then on Saturday I got a message from Tesco mobile saying there was a technical hitch please try again later, I thought to message Tesco on a similar chat room and they said everything was fine there end. I want to keep my old number so I was going to transfer it over to ID, however it said it would be done yesterday between 8 am and 10pm (Tuesday 9th January) and my number still hasn’t worked so I’m not receiving text messages nor can I send them and I can’t call anyone can someone help please. 

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Is your Tesco Mobile SIM card still active @Mia Watling? 

I’ve put my old SIM card in my new phone because I just needed to transfer all details and stuff over does that mean I have to put a completely different sim in? Or do I keep the same SIM card and wait for my number to transfer over on an ID sim?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

How many SIM cards have you got there @Mia Watling? 

Can you still use your ‘old’ Tesco Mobile SIM card to call and text, @Mia Watling? 

I’ve got my Tesco mobile sim which is the one I currently have been using and a new one which as been sent over by ID and no my sim I’m currently using won’t let me call and text or receive any calls or texts at all. Which is my Tesco mobile sim.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mia Watling 

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account, so we can discuss your issue further. 

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’. 

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview  

We’ll see you there. 

Tom

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

I’ve got my Tesco mobile sim which is the one I currently have been using and a new one which as been sent over by ID and no my sim I’m currently using won’t let me call and text or receive any calls or texts at all. Which is my Tesco mobile sim.

Okay @Mia Watling, sounds like Tesco Mobile have deactivated the SIM, on the switching date. 

I’d suggest turning OFF your phone, then put in the new iD SIM card, and finally power ON your phone to check if everything works. 

Why iD Mobile?