Solved

Trouble transferring old number PLS HELP!!

• 6 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

HI,

I bought a new mobile two days ago that has arrived today. When purchasing i was asked if i would like to keep my old number. I said yes and entered the PAC code.

MY new phone has arrived today along with my ID Mobile sim.

It seems that i now have a new number and my old number has not been transferred. 

I have spoken to the place i ordered and they tell me that everything is in order but it is not.

Will my number transfer over? If so when, i thought this would have been done? What should i do?

I downloaded the ID Mobile app on my new phone and in the app it has my new number i do not want.

Please help asap. Pretty annoyed….

Waiting,

DP1710

icon

Best answer by DP1710 6 April 2022, 21:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 1

Anyone? Any ideas? Please help someone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @DP1710,

When your old number gets transferred depends on when the PAC is given to iD Mobile.

Did the retailer tell when they would submit the PAC you got from your old network provider?

Anyway, the time it takes to port a number to iD from another service provider is as below:

Good luck.

Userlevel 1

Hello @DP1710,

When your old number gets transferred depends on when the PAC is given to iD Mobile.

Did the retailer tell when they would submit the PAC you got from your old network provider?

Anyway, the time it takes to port a number to iD from another service provider is as below:

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply @andewhite I have spoken to the retailler and they say they have done everything they can. I have spoken to my old provider and they say the same. The pac number was given when purchased on Monday. SO today should be the latest that it should have transferred. The retailler is telling me to wait for idmobile. Please help!!!

Userlevel 1

I found out that by typing “talk to a person” in the live chat, that you will eventually get to speak to a real human being. Amazing.

I have been promised that my number will be transferred by 6pm tomorrow.

Thanks for the help @andewhite

for now...

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Hello @DP1710,

The port sometimes is not completed until 10pm on the day of the port.

When I ported to iD, my number port did not complete until mid-afternoon, and you should turn-off your handset for at least 5 minutes every hour or so.

FYI, OFCOM’s rules say the gaining provider (i.e. iD Mobile) are 100% responsible for doing the port and fixing any problems, but from what you say it seems your PAC may not have been processed.

Anyway, good luck.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @DP1710, typing “talk to a person” is the best way to use live chat - the 24/7 bot is not much use. 

If you have your old provider’s SIM, is it still active?
When your old SIM becomes inactive, the port has began and you should turn your phone off for at least 5 minutes periodically thereafter.

It’s odd you’ve not received an SMS with the timing of your number port to iD Mobile - good luck meanwhile.