Question

Unlimted data in Europe for 2 month trip actually unlimited?

• 20 February 2022
  • 3 replies

We will be leaving the UK on March 18th driving to Austria then through Switzerland France Spain and Portugal before returning home on June 1st. 

The fair usage and open data policy have me confused. “Roam like at home” is used in marketing material but on the fair usage page, it seems to suggest i could only use 15.44gb when i enter the cost of my sim only plan which will be £20/month. 

Please can someone let me know in simple terms whether the unlimited plans are truly unlimited in Europe or are capped at 15.44 gb? Also are speeds reduced after certain amount of data used?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Rorie Roberts,

We understand that sometimes you'll want to roam for a few weeks at a time. That's absolutely fine. But if you roam more than you use your phone at home (we mean in the UK) over a 4-month period, we might think you’re permanently roaming.

You start being charged when you use data above your fair use amount while roaming in one of our band 1 inclusive roaming destinations.

Just to advise you mentioned you are visiting Switzerland but this isn’t included in our EU Roaming so you will be charged for roaming there.

Kash

@Rorie Roberts,

We understand that sometimes you'll want to roam for a few weeks at a time. That's absolutely fine. But if you roam more than you use your phone at home (we mean in the UK) over a 4-month period, we might think you’re permanently roaming.

You start being charged when you use data above your fair use amount while roaming in one of our band 1 inclusive roaming destinations.

Just to advise you mentioned you are visiting Switzerland but this isn’t included in our EU Roaming so you will be charged for roaming there.

Kash

To be clear on an unlimited data plan what would be the data limit i can use whilst in a Band 1 Country if i was there for 1 month?

a) Unlimited data?

or

b)15.44 gb?

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hey @Rorie Roberts, it’d be 15.44GB if you’re on a £20 unlimited plan.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?