Solved

unlock iphone

• 14 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi

How do I unlock an iphone 7 on the iD network please?

I am still with iD.

Thanks.

Eliot

icon

Best answer by Will 15 January 2021, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @EBB,

We stopped locking phones sold after 2017, when did you get this handset?

I suspect it shouldn’t be locked, but if it is, then please do let us know by replying here and we’ll send you a Private message to get the ball rolling on getting that handset unlocked.

Will

Thanks Will.

It was 2019, so it sounds like it should not be locked.

Eliot

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Fantastic!

Cheers for the update @EBB. If ever you need anything else, please do let us know.

Will

Hi, 

My phone is also saying on settings - 

Network provider lock - Sim locked

Does this mean it is locked to Id?  I bought the phone directly from Apple but use the Id network. I’ve recently upgraded phones with yourselves so would like it unlocking so I can sell it on. 
Thanks

Martin

Hi, 

My phone is saying on settings - 

Network provider lock - Sim locked

Does this mean it is locked to Id?  I bought the phone directly from Apple but use the Id network. I’ve recently upgraded phones with yourselves so would like it unlocking so I can sell it on. 
Thanks

Moot

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @Moot, if you bought the phone directly from Apple, it won’t be locked to any particular network. The message you refer to simply means there’s an issue with that particular SIM card and it’s become locked.

You may wish to try another network SIM in the phone just to confirm, but I’m confident that your phone will be unlocked for use with any network.

Thank you,

Rory

Hi Rory,

Thank you for the speedy response. I’ll try your suggestion 👍🏻

Cheers

Moot

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

You’re most welcome! Let us know how you get on.

Thank you,

Rory

Why iD Mobile?