upgrade

• 25 April 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi, I've just got myself an upgrade for my I'd mobile account. I'm going to continue the original contract until the new one starts. Is this going to cause any problems if I haven't activated my new sim yet. Also I want to keep my old number

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

It sounds like you’ve purchased another iD plan @Donald Russell - how did you purchase your ‘upgrade’?

The only way to upgrade or change an existing iD plan, is sign-in to your iD account online and choose from the upgrade offers shown in your iD account.

Doing anything else makes life complicated, especially if you want to keep your existing mobile number.

Thanks for getting back to me, i bought the new upgrade through my app, I have received the handset and I'm currently using it with my old sim. I am going to put the new sim in and set up my new contract then I shall change over number 

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

If your existing SIM works in your new handset, just carry on using it @Donald Russell.

The iD SIM card you’ve received with your upgrade handset ISN’T ACTIVE. 

Save yourself the hassle of activating the ‘new’ SIM, which was sent just in case your existing SIM didn’t fit your upgrade handset.

Ahh okay, It is a new contract that I've started will that change things

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

When you’re signed-in to your iD account online, are your ‘new’ plan (contract) details shown?

No it doesn't, it's still the old one

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @Donald Russell, check with your bank account(s) to see how many direct debits are setup for iD Mobile.

If you’ve got multiple direct debits setup, and they use different reference numbers, I’d say you’ve purchased a new iD contract and not upgraded your original iD contract.

Alternatively, check the emails you’ve received after your ‘upgrade’ order - look for your iD account reference number. If you upgraded, the reference number will match that shown on your original iD bills - if not you’ve got a new contract.

Another option is to put the SIM card received with your ‘upgrade’ handset into a phone - if it works the SIM is active, and you’ve likely got a new mobile number with that iD SIM card. iD only send an active SIM card with a new contract.

Good luck @Donald Russell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Donald Russell 

I’m unsure if you’ve processed an upgrade or a new plan here, it sounds like a new plan was done.

This is fine as long as you are aware the 2 plans have nothing to do with each other, the old plan will need to be cancelled when you are happy for it to be closed.

The number from the old plan won’t be able to be transferred directly across to the newer iD Mobile plan.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?