Solved

Upgrade as Xmas present

• 5 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi. I have 3 accounts with ID Mobile. One for me, wife and daughter. I would love to upgrade my daughters phone for Christmas. I know what I have to do and the phone I'm interested in. My worry is, when I commit to the deal on my daughters account, she will no doubt receive a text and email notifying her of her uodlgrade, obviously this will spoil the surprise. My question is, how do I avoid this?

Many thanks in advance. 

icon

Best answer by Tom 6 December 2023, 16:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @SLOPPY 

Unfortunately a text may be sent and may not stopped, you could spin this as just an upgrade to the SIM card and no new device.

Tom

Thanks Tom. 

I think my way round it is to upgrade my own contract which has ended, I'll get the phone my daughter wants, and just put her sim inside and change her contract which has also ended to sim only. Strangely, when I log into my own idmobile sim only account, when I choose upgrade, Apple phones do not appear in the list of upgrades, when I hit filter Apple aren't shown, but if I log into my daughters or partners account, Apple are shown. Very odd. 

Thanks for the reply. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SLOPPY,

Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately if you don’t see the handsets that you are after it’s likely that you aren’t eligible for high value handsets.

You can call our Sales Team on 0207 1391 397 to see what offers are available.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?