Solved

Upgrade denied - what next?

• 25 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

I am currently on a £10pm sim only contract, after being on a handset contract for over two years. Now it is time for a new handset, I logged in to the app and was offered a deal for Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra. I chose this deal, entered bank details for the upfront cost, and received order confirmation. Didn't hear anything for 2 days and when I contacted ID, they have told me I cannot upgrade to a premium handset. Long story short, I have been in store to Currys and the same thing. I can still see the deal online and could access this if I was a new customer, but ID and Currys are telling me that my only options are to change network or change number. Surely something can be done about this?! Customer service are terrible and promised me they could manually upgrade....but never called me back. Please help!

icon

Best answer by WelshPaul 25 June 2023, 23:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +6

Going by what you wrote above, it is not an upgrade offer you have seen, it’s a new customer deal. Your options are, as iD Mobile has told you, switch networks or buy a whole new handset plan. If you go with the latter, you can port out your current iD Mobile number and port it back to the new account, but you will have to create a whole new iD Mobile online account and you can’t use your existing email address.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your reply - it was an offer to upgrade as it even says in the order summary & conformation 'Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra (Upgrade) - but it's also appearing as a deal when I look at the website whilst signed out. 

Surely if the option of taking the offer & transferring my current number across was viable, I would have been able to do this in store or online (and over the phone when I spent over 3hrs in total with the sales team). It just seems so wrong and the only advice I've been given by Currys is to contact ID and ask for another credit check but that this isn't guaranteed to happen. 

If I went with the latter as you've said, is it as simple as ordering the deal online and using another email address (but the same personal details and bank account?) And how would I go about transferring my current number if its linked to a sim only contract that I would be cancelling?! 

Thanks again for your help! 

Userlevel 1

Going by what you wrote above, it is not an upgrade offer you have seen, it’s a new customer deal. Your options are, as iD Mobile has told you, switch networks or buy a whole new handset plan. If you go with the latter, you can port out your current iD Mobile number and port it back to the new account, but you will have to create a whole new iD Mobile online account and you can’t use your existing email address.

Thanks for your reply - it was an offer to upgrade as it even says in the order summary & conformation 'Samsung Galaxy s23 Ultra (Upgrade) - but it's also appearing as a deal when I look at the website whilst signed out. 

Surely if the option of taking the offer & transferring my current number across was viable, I would have been able to do this in store or online (and over the phone when I spent over 3hrs in total with the sales team). It just seems so wrong and the only advice I've been given by Currys is to contact ID and ask for another credit check but that this isn't guaranteed to happen. 

If I went with the latter as you've said, is it as simple as ordering the deal online and using another email address (but the same personal details and bank account?) And how would I go about transferring my current number if its linked to a sim only contract that I would be cancelling?! 

Thanks again for your help! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Nathan McMahon,

Welcome to the Community!

If you are unable to upgrade to a new handset, it’s most likely due to not being eligible.

You can look at purchasing a new contract but it would be subject to a credit check.

If you wish to keep your number you can request a PAC code for your old account and port the number to another network on Pay as you go. Once the number has ported to them you can obtain a PAC code from them and port the number to the new iD Mobile contract, also known as a triangle port.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?