Question

Upgrade handset still not received

• 12 January 2024
  • 1 reply

I ordered an upgrade on 18th November. I received an email stating to expect my new handset to be sent out 48 hours. By 30th November I still hadn’t received it. I was told that they did not have any in stock and would not be getting any in until 21st December. I aid that I was not happy they had offered a contract that they knew they didn’t handsets for and they offered me £10 off my next bill by way of compensation. I still hadn’t received it and contact them again around 30th December. I was told that someone would get back to me in 48 hours. No one did and on 2nd January I made a further complaint. I was told that someone would respond to my complaint within 7 days. I then got an email asking me to phone the complaints number. On 8th January I spent 50 minutes on hold to the complaints number before I gave up. I contacted live chat and they said someone would get back to me within 24 hours - they didn’t. I contacted live chat again the following day and was told someone had rung me - they hadn’t. They again told me that someone would contact me within 24 hours. I said I wasn’t confident they would and asked for a deadlock letter so I could refer matters to the communications ombudsman. They ignored this and said someone would get back to me within 24 hours - they haven’t. I can’t refer to the communications ombudsman until 8 weeks after my initial complaint on 30th November. Is there anything else I can do in the meantime to try and resolve matters as I feel I have exhausted all options. I need the phone, so I can pass my old handset to my daughter, who has broke hers and needs it for travelling to school. 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @SRodgers,

We are sorry to hear about this.

We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Kash

Why iD Mobile?