Question

upgrade has lost my number for 16 days

• 22 March 2022
  • 6 replies

I am now in my 16th day without access to my number following the failed update of a new sim. I took out a new contract with a new phone and proceeded to register on the 7th March 2022.  The sim was placed in the new phone and the transfer began, my number was zapped from my old phone rendering it unworkable but the   New sim failed to work.  Now in day 16 with no resolution, problem currently with the complaints team who  called me on the 18th March and refuse to update me, as also do the vulnerable customer team who l contacted me on the 16th March. The problem was escalated to tech support , who I have been told are not customer facing and have been sitting on the problem (unless I am informed otherwise), before the complaints team became involved.  I understood from the multiple conversations with the Sales team (who have been very helpful), that the tech team had referred the problem to Three about the 11 th March.  I currently have outgoing calls on the new sim, no incoming, no text either way and no roaming. I was totally without access for 2 days and then borrowed a sim to communicate with ID, and have since had to open a New contract so I have 2 way contact but my number is still missing, my new phone rendered useless and I have the added burden of losing all contact for banking etc,etc, etc.  I have not received any support from ID and have been forced to provide my own solutions regarding accessibility to a mobile connection.

I ask why updating customers daily is not feasible after a 16 Day loss of service and if a 16 day loss of service is normal?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Upgraded on 7th March with new phone and sim.  Now on 15th day without my number.  Vulnerable services contacted me once on 16th and complaints on 18th after multiple daily contacts.  Issue is with Tech support who I believe should have been dealing with this from the 11th , but I understand they are busy! That is 10 days ago! Complaints team refuse to keep me updated so I’m told to wait.  I HAVE, 15 DAYS 

I am now in my 16th day without access to my number following the failed update of a new sim. I took out a new contract with a new phone and proceeded to register on the 7th March 2022.  The sim was placed in the new phone and the transfer began, my number was zapped from my old phone rendering it unworkable but the   New sim failed to work.  Now in day 16 with no resolution, problem currently with the complaints team who  called me on the 18th March and refuse to update me, as also do the vulnerable customer team who l contacted me on the 16th March. The problem was escalated to tech support , who I have been told are not customer facing and have been sitting on the problem (unless I am informed otherwise), before the complaints team became involved.  I understood from the multiple conversations with the Sales team (who have been very helpful), that the tech team had referred the problem to Three about the 11 th March.  I currently have outgoing calls on the new sim, no incoming, no text either way and no roaming. I was totally without access for 2 days and then borrowed a sim to communicate with ID, and have since had to open a New contract so I have 2 way contact but my number is still missing, my new phone rendered useless and I have the added burden of losing all contact for banking etc,etc, etc.  I have not received any support from ID and have been forced to provide my own solutions regarding accessibility to a mobile connection.

I ask why updating customers daily is not feasible after a 16 Day loss of service and if a 16 day loss of service is normal?

I am now in my 16th day without access to my number following the failed update of a new sim. I took out a new contract with a new phone and proceeded to register on the 7th March 2022.  The sim was placed in the new phone and the transfer began, my number was zapped from my old phone rendering it unworkable but the   New sim failed to work.  Now in day 16 with no resolution, problem currently with the complaints team who  called me on the 18th March and refuse to update me, as also do the vulnerable customer team who l contacted me on the 16th March. The problem was escalated to tech support , who I have been told are not customer facing and have been sitting on the problem (unless I am informed otherwise), before the complaints team became involved.  I understood from the multiple conversations with the Sales team (who have been very helpful), that the tech team had referred the problem to Three about the 11 th March.  I currently have outgoing calls on the new sim, no incoming, no text either way and no roaming. I was totally without access for 2 days and then borrowed a sim to communicate with ID, and have since had to open a New contract so I have 2 way contact but my number is still missing, my new phone rendered useless and I have the added burden of losing all contact for banking etc,etc, etc.  I have not received any support from ID and have been forced to provide my own solutions regarding accessibility to a mobile connection

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @MarilynD, sorry to hear about this. We’ll shortly send you a Private Message to your Community account so we can discuss your issue further.

To access your messages, click your profile picture in the top right hand corner and then click ‘Private Messages’.

Alternatively, if you are currently logged in, you can use the following link: https://community.idmobile.co.uk/inbox/overview

We’ll see you there.

Thank you,

Rory

Error