Question

Upgrade problems

• 21 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Upgraded to sim only deal. Wanted to keep same number but ID have given me a new number as SIM already activated. Is there any way I can get my old number back?

Also no changes regarding upgrade on MY Account. Still has my old number, old contract details.

HELP!

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Sounds like you’ve bought a new iD plan, and didn’t upgrade your existing iD plan @Lancelot.

If you ‘old’ plan is still running, get a PAC from iD for the number linked to that plan.

Give you PAC to a PAYG provider, and once the number you want to keep is transferred to your PAYG provider, you can get a PAC from them - give that PAC to iD for iD plan you want to keep.

It’s convoluted because to can’t transfer a number from one iD plan to another iD plan.

Good luck @Lancelot.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lancelot 

As mentioned above by @andewhite it sounds like an upgrade wasn’t done but instead a new plan was purchased.

You could do the above that @andewhite mentions to transfer the existing iD Mobile number across to the newly ordered plan or if you’d like to return the new plan and keep the old one please see the link here or let us know here on the community so we can assist.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?