Solved

Upgraded to SIM Only in last month of handset monthly contract - what has happened?

• 13 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

My monthly handset contract (spanning 24 months) ends at the end of this month, so I have upgraded my plan to a SIM only deal. I did this online; the order was finalised, complete with an order number; and there were assurances on the order page that my new plan will be active on my current SIM. However, while I have received a confirmatory email stating that my order has been processed, this change in plan has not been reflected on my account - which still states that I will be paying my old contract rate at the next billing date. Moreover, this email states that a new SIM card is on its way - despite the order page stating that my new plan would be active on my current SIM.

When will my new plan be formalised on my account? And will my current SIM be adjusted to the new deal so I retain my number (as was presented on the order page)? Please advise.

icon

Best answer by andewhite 13 September 2023, 16:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Assuming you had a 24-month minimum term handset contract, the handset wouldn’t be paid off if your monthly payment reduced prior to the completion of the minimum term. Hence, the monthly amount won’t be reduced until the contract minimum term has finished @PT123

The ‘new’ SIM card would be inactive, and is sent in case your existing iD SIM doesn’t fit in the handset you plan to use with the SIM only upgrade.

My guess is the SIM only upgrade will be formalised once the contract minimum term has been reached. 

Userlevel 1

Very helpful answer, thank you. To confirm, then, my number will remain the same given I am able to retain my current SIM card?

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Yes @PT123, I think so, assuming you’ve followed the procedures in the forum FAQ below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @PT123,

Welcome to the Community!

We hope that @andewhite answered your query.

If there is anything else that you require assistance with, please let us know.

Kash

I have just upgraded my account and received an email from the sales team to call them on 02071391397. the number is not being answered because of heavy call volume for two days now. How do i finalise my upgrade or can i cancel it?

Why iD Mobile?