Question

Upgraded to SIM only - no option to keep number

• 20 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Just upgraded to SIM only, FAQs said that there would be details of how to keep number at checkout, there were no such details and the order got to the end without any option to keep my number. SIM card on the way, probably with new number. Any ideas what I was supposed to have done in order to keep my number / what I can do now…? Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Lucy Robinson 

What you’ll need to do is text the word ‘pac’ on old sim that will give you a code.

So when your new sim arrives you can transfer your number across to the new account but you’ll have to put the new number under a different email address as this company only allows one number to be registered under a email address or you can try and get someone to transfer it across via the live chat link that’s if they don’t disconnect you as they kept doing with me when I was trying to talk to them so I’ve gone back to previous provider as that way I’ve no longer got the hassle.

I hope that helps you.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Just upgraded to SIM only, FAQs said that there would be details of how to keep number at checkout, there were no such details and the order got to the end without any option to keep my number. SIM card on the way, probably with new number. Any ideas what I was supposed to have done in order to keep my number / what I can do now…? Thanks!

If you upgraded while you were signed-in to your iD online account (iD app), and selected one of the upgrade offers available in your iD online account, you keep your existing number with the upgrade @Lucy Robinson. 

If you’ve purchased a new connection to the iD network, your existing iD account stays open and you will have a second iD account for your new connection.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Lucy Robinson 

Have you upgraded or purchased a new plan?

If you’ve upgraded, the number stays the same.

If you’ve purchased a new plan, you’ll need to use the iD Mobile port form to keep a number from another network.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?