Question

use in the EU

• 17 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve been to Spain for two weeks and when there had the roam like home text. I am being charged for out of plan charges £24.99 which shows as rest of the world roaming. I thought Spain was in the EU? It’s shown as band 1 on the roaming chart.My daughter is on I’d mobile and went to the same places as me during that time and hasn’t been additionally charged. I’d like my money back

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Did you travel to Spain by ferry @Coxley?
Maritime roaming rates are super-expensive.

Were you close to Andorra while over in Spain @Coxley

Did you use iD voicemail at anytime on your holiday?

Hi Ande yes we travelled by ferry but it was still within the EU. Nothing about maritime rates on the roam like home email I received.We were in mainland Spain and didn’t got to or near Andorra and I didn’t use voicemail.My daughter hasn’t been charged and used the internet on the ship when it worked.Thanks for the reply. What I find appalling is that I cannot speak to anyone at ID mobile to explain this.But they are willing to take my money all the same. Looks like the only option I have is to cancel my direct debit and they  will soon come running for my money. The live chat had an hour wait yesterday and the live bot thing  is annoying

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Good luck @Coxley - the iD Mobile maritime roaming charges are below:  

Why iD Mobile?