Question

Used incorrect email to create account

• 20 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I have had to create a new account using a different email address because I have been unable to register my contract on my account as a returning customer because of idmobile’s stupid systems. 
However I have used an email that I thought was an email alias of mine but actually isn’t. Which means I am not in control of the account. 
Please can someone advise how I can sort out this utter mess. 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Mark J Colly,

Welcome to the Community!

The email address that you have used is the username.

If you want to correspondence to go to a different email we can change that email address for you.

However one an email has been used for the username, it can’t be changed unfortunately.

Kash

How do I go about removing the account? Because now someone else is possibly in control of it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @Mark J Colly it’s not possible to remove a username from an account once it’s been used.

You can update the contact email in the account.

Just log into the app/account and you should be able to update the contact email.

This won’t change the username.

Mohammed

Hi. I have done this. Are you able to advise whether any password reminders etc are sent to the new ‘contact’ email or the username address? If not the new contact address it’s a fraud risk. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Mark J Colly 

When resetting a password on the account the verification code to reset is sent via SMS to the related phone number, the username/email address is just that.

Tom

Why iD Mobile?