Question

Very poor performance

• 25 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I changed from giffgaff (who now I think are brilliant) to ID mobile who I now think are terrible. No network coverage most of the time in my house and the link provided to check coverage by ID shows mast works in my area, for the last FOUR weeks? The message never changes, and then, I found compatible phones…..I have an iPhone 12 which apparently is not on the list?  Please explain 1) when will this mast work be completed, 2) why was I not told my phone may not be compatible?  I am actually missing calls!

I will be going back to giff gaff.

Ann

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Okay @podgee421, I’ve had a message about works on my local towers for at least 4 months now.

To get around the issue with poor indoor reception at home, I use Wi-Fi Calling service, which is great - I can call and text like normal despite really bad indoor reception.

I use an iPhone 12 mini with Wi-Fi Calling, which has been reliable for me.

Good luck @podgee421.

Userlevel 1

Thank you, but I should not have to do this! When i am out and about I am basically invisible, I cannot use the internet and I miss some calls due to no reception.  

Userlevel 1

Just also checked this and it is already on my phone.

Userlevel 8
Badge +9

Thank you, but I should not have to do this! When i am out and about I am basically invisible, I cannot use the internet and I miss some calls due to no reception.  

Yes @podgee421, I agree completely.

I’m just a community member like yourself, not an iD employee.

The iPhone 12 is an approved handset for use on iD Mobile’s network.
It’s listed online at https://www.idmobile.co.uk/help-and-advice/approved-handsets.

Good luck @podgee421. 

Userlevel 1

ah now when I looked it wasn’t, thank you, I must have been looking in the wrong place.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hello @podgee421,

We offer a 30-day returns if you purchased from us directly.

If you are unhappy with the coverage, we can process a return if you are within this period.

Kind Regards,

Mohammed

Why iD Mobile?